Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Little progress and a Big conclusion

I'm only posting photos of my DJ progress so you won't be bored by my "conclusion" rant. I think I have always known it, but it seems more evident each year that I was born in the wrong century. I just can't wrap my head around all this technology. After enjoying so many wonderful Blogs over the past 4 years, I finally decided to take the plunge and start my own. After deciding it wasn't so hard I thought I would join the millions of "smart" people and sign up for Facebook. ARGH! What was I thinking? At first it seemed fun, I found friends I hadn't seen since I was on the board of AQSG. Then I started getting friend requests. Thousands of them. This in itself wasn't the worst part - I couldn't figure out how to get back to my site!! Am I the only one left in the free world who doesn't own a "smart" phone and can't seem to get a grip on the overwhelming speed of technology? So, if you are one of those wonderful people I have finally found after all these years, please be patient while I try to understand the ways of social media. Thanks for listening. Here are a few shots of recent "Cooking with Jane" blocks.


Sorry for the poor quality. There isn't much light around here at 4:30 in the morning. I try to work a little every morning before I leave for work at 6:30.


I think I will take a walk at lunch time and remind myself how lucky I am to escape the spinning pace! Enjoy your day.


6 comments:

  1. My cell phone is as simple as I could find and all I do is use it when I am on the road . I keep it in the car and only about 5 people have the phone number. I set up an account on Facebook and never went back... I got brave and tried pintrest the other day... Will probably never pin anything but it is funs to search until pop up start hamming so may not be there much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one left. I was beginning to feel like a Planet of the Apes movie. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    Technology caught up with me also and I lost your email with the comment you made on my Sewn Wild Oaks blog! Yes, you can work for me any day you would like down at the shop. You would love it! The shop is located in one of the oldest buildings in Livermore, and it is like working in an old dry goods store. Take care,
    Lynn
    http://sewnwildoaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lynn, I would be there in a flash if I didn't love my Maine winters so much. I will certainly visit when I am next on your coast. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. I have a not-so-smart phone and that works for me. I'm on FB to 'watch' my nieces an nephews, but also now stay in contact with my overseas friends this way. I just did a post recently about how nice it was to 'talk' in real time on FB compared to the old method of airmail letters to penpals, and how nice it was not to have to wait months to hear back from friends.
    Love your new blocks, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debra! You are so right about Facebook being great for keeping in touch with loved ones far away. I sometimes forget how lucky I am that my immediate family lives so close by. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete