It isn’t often I post twice in one day, but I completely forgot about my Humble Quilts String blocks update. I have made some progress this summer. I am making this one in the potholder method.
I know – nothing new there – but I am experimenting with this one by making it entirely on the machine. Not easy in the hot summer months, but I have had a few cool mornings to get some blocks stitched together.
Not sure I will ever do another completely on machine again. One of the things I like about the potholder method is the hand work. I did enjoy piecing these guys. I used a strip of orphan pieces in the center of each one.