Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Gladi's Remarkable Quilts

Fellow Blogger, Gladi Porche’s opening reception at The New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, MA is this Saturday (January 20) at 11:00. If you are anywhere near Lowell, you won’t want to miss this one! I have been fortunate enough to have seen Gladi’s work in person and her quilts are spectacular!  Unfortunately, I will miss the opening for family reasons (all good, I just can’t be that far from home right now). But, I will most definitely get to the exhibition before it closes in April.

Here she is with her "We are Stardust". I can't wait to see this one in person!

NEQM is also featuring “QuiltsJapan”. These are quilts from the 13th Nihon exhibition in Tokyo. I have seen quilts from this in the past and they are sensational.


I hope you all get a chance to see these treasures!

10 comments:

  1. All those leaves on the border of the star quilt.....wonderful look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah that star one was my fave too wendy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stars, the leaves, the berries - wow so beautiful! I bet it'll be a wonderful exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see her quilts in person; I'm just happy that she posts regularly so we can see them from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy that is one beautiful quilt--just love the depth of color...thank you for sharing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for intoducing us to Gladi. She's a remarkable quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't go either, but I plan to definitely see this exhibit!
    Her blog is always good too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gladi's reception was great! I'm sorry you couldn't make it. Her quilts are amazing, as well as the Japanese quilts. Also don't miss the "Pink" exhibit of permanent collection quilts in the Donahue Gallery. Let us know when you are coming!

    ReplyDelete