Friday, March 1, 2019

Vintage Patchwork - Emma


Wow, it is March already! You may remember that Pam named each of her 12 little projects in the book after books that were popular in the Victorian era. This month’s sweet little quilt is called “Emma”. I used the triangle corner method that I learned from Cyndi (Busy Thimble) many years ago so I did not have to add a hanging sleeve. 

You can get a copy of Pam's book (here).

It is no wonder Randy (Barrister’s Block) hopped in to finish this one early as she has an adorable granddaughter with the same name.

Cathy (Big Lake Quilter) joined in this month too with a monthly mini and her version of little “Emma”. So sweet!

You can join in any time. Make one or all of Pam’s sweet little projects. The next two months are pin keeps so it will be pretty easy to keep up.

I’ll leave you with a few images of the snow we have had in northern Maine this past week. The 50 mile an hour winds buried dozens of vehicles. The Border Patrol helped to dig people out. We had the winds here on the coast, but thankfully not the snow!

Have a great day.


12 comments:

  1. wow look at that snow! so glad we do not get that here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto....we are getting 1-3" today, way more than i want....but it'll be gone tomorrow...lovely little quilt and that is a great book too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma is adorable. I SO want to sew along on the book's quilts, but hasn't happened yet. I have an at home day today, but so much to do. Maybe I can squeeze one top in. :)
    Wow--what a snowy wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute quilt!
    OMG! I thought our snow looked bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely little quilt! So many wonderful and different prints :0) Yikes that's a lot of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the brighter repros in this sweet mini. We're expecting snow this weekend, but not like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little Emma looks adorable. LOVE it! Yours came out perfect!
    All that snow!! Hopefully that wasn't your car buried in the snow...
    xxx,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma is so cute! We have more snow today—I’m ready for Spring to arrive—sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet one! Pam has fabulous patterns and you used fabulous fabrics.
    Wow- that is quite a drift! we're getting snow today in CT
    March, in like a lion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't look like spring is coming to your area of the world any time soon. Enough is enough!
    I just received some new books I ordered. I can't remember if Pam's is one of them. I will check.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you and I will be digging out until July...Wisconsin is continuing to set records and March can often be our “snowiest” month...Sure like those corners on the back of that sweet quilt - next to basting, adding hanging sleeves is probably my least favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet little quilt! I'd say that's a lot of snow! We just got about 6" of the heavy wet stuff last night. It finally looks like winter here :)

    ReplyDelete