Friday, February 26, 2021

New England Quilt Museum

 

I am so honored to be sharing the walls (different galleries) of the New England Quilt Museum with the fabulous “Yellow and Orange” quilts from the Pilgrim Roy collection. Both exhibits will be up from March 3 through May 22 along with a few yellow and orange quilts from the museum's permanent collection. 


 When Pam (Pamela Weeks, Curator, NEQM) asked me to choose 20 quilts, I had no idea whose quilts would be gracing the other galleries. It seems fitting that these glorious antiques will be up at the same time as mine since yellow is my favorite color. 


 If you live in (or near) New England I hope you will be able to view these gems in person. NEQM has somewhat reduced hours and they are adhering to the CDC guidelines, so you may want to check their website (here) or call before venturing out. There is so much to see, you will be rewarded for your effort.

I’m hoping to get down on the first warm (o.k. relatively warm) Saturday to be able to meet for an outside lunch with a few friends.

13 comments:

  1. That's awesome Wendy! I know these are some of your fave colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great show this will be - wish I could see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, congrats Wendy. Oh how I wish I could see them, as well as the other galleries (of course). Yellow is my favorite color too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts, Wendy. I love the leaves -- colors, placement, pattern, everything!
    Living in Ohio I doubt I will make it to the exhibit but I think you said (I hope you said!) you would share photos on your blog.
    Surely it will be warm enough for a picnic in May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a worthy honor wendy....wish i could go there but hoping to catch whatever is virtual...too bad no opening reception etc...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful honor, wish I lived closer and could see your quilts in person. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you share how the top (first) quilt was constructed? Were the pieces appliqued on a background piece? Just wondering how you achieved that cobblestone look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an honor, Wendy! Please post photos of the exhibit. Would love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A well-deserved honor for the Pilgrim Roy collection to be able to share a gallery with YOU!
    Oh, if it weren't for COVID I would hop on a plane and come see it with you! Would love to see your work--and you--in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    see you there for a distant hippie lunch :)

    ReplyDelete