Sunday, March 5, 2023

Something Old, Something New

 Something old, something new, something fun for me to do! I found myself clicking the "purchase" button on these delicious Brigitte Gilbin French reproduction fabrics during a bit of cabin fever last month. 


I decided on a medallion style quilt, but I wanted it to look fresh and whimsical - sort of 1823 meets 2023. The background fabric is called "Alsace" by Skipping Stones Studio for Clothworks. Here she is so far.


I only bought fat quarters, so I think maybe just one more border. Time will tell. Hope you are working on something fun today.

11 comments:

  1. Such a delightful and beautiful quilt. Love all those circles. I'm waiting to hear what fun food name you'll give this one. I can't wait to see this in person one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that line of fabric. The variable inner border is perfect to bring all the fabrics together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those fabrics. I've been tempted too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, Wendy! I think you NAILED it on the whimsical feel. Love the mashup of the two centuries. It definitely has a fresh feel with vintage fabrics. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes indeed i'll second the WOW! luscious fabrics...exceptional design and execution....very lovely indeed. aren't computers great...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Wendy! You are on a roll! What a delightful--and whimsical piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That background fabric works amazingly well to highlight the colors of the other lovely fabrics without distracting, even though it’s busy. Great choice! You’ve inspired me to start appliquéing some circles recently!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabrics and as usual you make them into something pretty and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful fabric line! Your medallion quilt shows them off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete