Monday, April 20, 2015

Inch by inch - row by row

Years ago, my friend Dave Mallett wrote a wonderful song about his garden (which he eventually sold to John Denver). I won't quote the whole song, but it starts out "inch by inch row by row, gonna make this garden grow". That is how I feel about my sweet baby Jane. All the blocks are stitched into rows and I am now stitching rows together. Here's what they looked like yesterday:


As the Wizard says, "pay no attention to that man mess behind the curtain"!


Sorry I haven't much to post this morning. Do check out Cyndi's (Busy Thimble) this morning as she has posted some great quilts from the Prussian Blue exhibition at the New England Quilt Museum and a wonderful block she made based on one of the quilts. Amazing!!



9 comments:

  1. Great quilts cannot be rushed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rows, already? you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed Cyndi's post and pics. Your Jane is really coming along! Looking forward to the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Looking forward to the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great quilts take time, but their lasting beauty is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete