Tuesday, October 13, 2015

And the winner of the audition is…


I must have auditioned 50 fabrics for this Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt (SVBAQ) sew-a-long.  I narrowed it down to these five and then went in a totally different direction! I would have used the green but I didn’t have enough and it is pretty old so I knew I wouldn’t be able to find it again.

So this is what I came up with. It is a good thing I like cheddar!




Do check out Doreen’s (AuntReen’s Place) blocks, they are beautiful. And I adore Hilda’s (Every Stitch) background. Her applique is always lovely but her background choice of 4 different prints really gives the blocks a different look. It will be interesting to see all the different quilts when (and if – in my case!) they are all done.

BTW - you can chose any size you want. My blocks are 10" finished and Hilda's are 12". I'm not sure what size Dawn (Collector With a Needle) is doing, but Doreen's are 16" finished". 


It's not too late to join in the fun! No racing, just fun! 

15 comments:

  1. Oh my - this is sensational Wendy - love the block! What a laugh though - you certainly changed from the first choice (though it is a very pretty colour scheme too)! Can't wait to see your next block - such wonderful colours....
    Glad you like my backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cheddar background. Interesting to see how different each interpretation is. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. not surprised you chose the cheddar altho the others are pretty too..you use it in a lot of your quilts so no question it is a fave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. and ps what line is that blue from? is it new/old? love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm partial to cheddar and applique. It's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great choice - that cheddar with the brilliant green and red. I have downloaded the pattern and soon will be auditioning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheddar is always a very good choice !
    Very cute appliqué Wendy !
    Bravo !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my blocks will end up around 15 inches square. Maybe 16.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving all the different way this quilt is being made. The cheddar background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first collection you chose was pretty, but I love your finished block against that wonderful cheddar background! Your block is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute blocks! I love the cheddar!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine are 9" on a neutral ground. I love your blocks on orange, fun!!

    ReplyDelete