Monday, February 8, 2016

SVBAQ - month 5


Month 5 in the ShenandoahValley Botanical Album Quilt (do you see why we shorten it to SVBAQ!) sew-a-long is the Yellow/Pink Tulip. I surprised myself by finishing it early this time (but I think I should have pressed it before I took the photo!). Well, I guess I surprise myself every month when I realize I am still keeping up with this. 

This is my 8th block (I made 4 of the first month’s Pineapple block for the 4 corners). I now have the first 7 hand quilted and bound.


 I switched up my block arrangement a bit from the original. It will be a while before I can start stitching them together as they are introducing the blocks randomly, which is actually a lot of fun. Maybe I'll just leave them in a pile for a while!


 I like to see what Doreen and Dawn will come with for the next blocks. Do head over to the blog (here) to see all the wonderful blocks. They are on Facebook as well.

I actually got quite a bit accomplished this weekend, but nothing photo worthy. I made up 75 kits for my upcoming “potholder quilt” classes. That took all day Saturday and of course while searching for scraps to make up the kits I decided to clean out two huge scrap baskets. I see a scrap giveaway coming soon! I should have photographed the empty baskets.


Enjoy your day.

23 comments:

  1. Love them! It must be a great feeling to have the quilting and binding done as you go - and the quilting is so manageable on the little potholder size. Your echo quilting is superb as is the wonderful colour in these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look awesome together in the pile. Glad you're able to keep up. Sounds like your prepping for a big class. Nice to have some of your scraps cleaned up. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are absolutely fabulous - what colors and what beautiful applique! I haven't done month 5 yet...... because I'm not sure I'm going to continue. I sure wish I could skip north and join in on your potholder quilt class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blocks and the cheddar is perfect! have a ? for you, can you email me privately? gracemth@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!! Just love the color and your approach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your blocks ! They are simply awesome !
    Are you going to sew them all like your DJ after ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love your blocks ! They are simply awesome !
    Are you going to sew them all like your DJ after ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is really fun to see how you make these and to see the quilting right away =
    I'm still Loving that background, the acid yellow really pops on the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding blocks on the cheddar background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! That background is beyond gorgeous and your color choices really stand out against it. Beautiful work. The blocks look so fun in a pile. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can 'hear' the pleasure in your words as you describe your beautiful pieces. What wonderful work you do! And what a treat for us to see them. Continued Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do such beautiful work! I agree they are lovely just as they are. Love the echo quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was impressed that you've made the blocks themselves - the fact that you've also quilted and bound them already just blows me away! Your colors are so beautiful. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another gorgeous block!
    How wonderful to see them all together.
    And quilted already too - congratulations on your fabulous progress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure your class was a big success! What lovely applique blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love you background color. Your blocks are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your blocks! They are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing your blocks! They are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful to see them all together / I love the color scheme more and more each time I see them! :)

    ReplyDelete