Friday, September 22, 2017

It's Seminar Time!

Just a quick blurb about the upcoming AQSG (American Quilt Study Group) seminar in Manchester, NH. Please see further information (here).

I joined in AQSG 1985 and discovering the wonders of this fabulous organization at my first seminar in 1987. It was such a thrill to meet so many people who felt the way I did about quilt history. This will be my first seminar since 2007 and I can hardly contain my excitement!

There will be a silent auction and a very entertaining live auction with the effervescent, Julie Silber as auctioneer. It is always a lot of fun.


This is the quilt I sent this year. 
back
Surprise – it is a potholder quilt! It is made of vintage feedsacks both front and back. There are hundreds of different prints in this one, including my very favorite cowboy prints. Because I try to use some sort of cooking term in my potholder quilts, I have named this one “A Baker’s Nine”.

I sent a few other items too, but since shipping is so costly I am bringing other items with me. If it ends up being too hectic to get them into the silent auction, I will simply open up shop in my room and take donations down to the money box – wink!

I hope to see many of you there.  I am going with my friend Cyndi (Busy Thimble) and we would love to have a "bloggers lunch" to meet up with old friends and meet face to face with new ones!

9 comments:

  1. Your quilt will be highly prized by some lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... it would be worth it just to get a good look at that quilt! Sadly, I have yet to make it to a seminar ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a awesome donation! Your quilt is wonderful. It's going to be very popular! Wish I could meet both you and Cindi for lunch! I'm glad you made your quilt with your signature potholder technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome quilt! Here's hoping you and Cyndi have a great time and learn something! Wish I could join you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure - sweet quilt! This will be my first seminar - and I love your idea for a bloggers lunch - count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat quilt and I love the name too. This is my first ever Seminar and I'm excited.
    Let me know about the bloggers lunch I'd love to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful quilt for the auction! Great name! Wish I could be there and join you for the bloggers lunch. I know you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!! How can I bid on that quilt, Wendy??? You know how I love your things...
    is the auction online? Can I "hire" someone to bid for me??
    Sorry we won't make it this time, though.
    What you made is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I am absolutely in love with this potholder quilt!

    ReplyDelete