Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Wait a Minute Mr. Postman!

I had not one, but two delightful surprises in the mail today. My mug rug from Randy’s (Barrister’sBlock) swap arrived today and I must say Mona (no blog) outdid herself. Sorry Mona, but if you think I am placing my icky coffee cup on this gem, your mistaken. This is going in a place of honor on my sewing room wall. I adore it.
And look what else was in the package. An adorable log cabin key chain and handmade fabric clip. Mona calls herself a “lurker” to my blog so she knew how much I love yellow. Look at these fantastic fabrics. Delicious! 
My second package of the day was from Rose (Something Rose Made) who had e-mailed me a photo of this fabric and asked if I had it in my collection. Not only did I not have it, I had never even seen it. So… you can imagine how happy I was that she sent it to me. I have been searching for a fabric for the circles in my alternate blocks in my Noah and Matilda quilt. This one could not be more perfect. Since I am calling this Noah and Matilda’s Ruby Anniversary Cake, the overlapping circles will represent their wedding rings. Just perfect!
And as if this weren’t enough, Rose sent me these two stilettos that she made. Fantastic! 

Thanks Mona and Rose for making my day! 

I'm off to the AQSG seminar on Thursday and I hope to see many of you there. Cyndi (Busy Thimble) and I would like to meet up with our fellow bloggers for lunch on Friday. Let us know if you can make it!

12 comments:

  1. You have to know that title song will be stuck in my head all day! I will be singing along with Karen Carpenter. :)
    You received some excellent mail--a beautiful mug rug, lovely fabrics, and cute stilettos.
    Wow! That neon fabric is perfect.
    Sounds like you and Cyndi are going to have a great time. Wish I could be among the bloggers joining you for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a Pilgrim Roy neon fabric? Wow! Love it!!
    Mail day is fun when it contains quilty stuff!
    I wish I was close enough to go to lunch and the seminar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I can see why you wouldn't want to use that mug rug as a mug rug! Fabulous! And the little goodies with it? Amazing.
    And I love your wedding ring fabric.
    it's just mind boggling to me how we have all connected through the internet and the blog world!
    Enjoy NH with Cyndi. Wish I could've gone! I'll be there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Wendy, what a lot of adorable goodies you received in the mail! We especially love the face on the stiletto! Thanks for the excellent photos of your gifts.🙂 Warm wishes from Marina and Daryl Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be at that seminar and to meet you in person. Maybe someday. That is such a sweet mug rug, and the ring fabric is fabulous! Mail day for quilters is always a sweet surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great postman! Have a fun time at AQSG. Wish I could meet you both for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun gifts you received, Wendy. I especially like the little mug rug (and wouldn't use it either) and the stilettos. Quilters are so generous, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You received some wonderful surprises in your mail! Love that Pilgrim/Roy fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gifts!!!!!!! I wish I could join you for lunch! But I am living in Greece! Kisses!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. woo hoo - great package and that neon are fabulous!
    lunch was fun - thanks for including me! as usual we didn't get a photo did we? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy,
    Happy mail day! Love your new treasures. Wish I could join up with you at the seminar, but sadly, it was not to be. Have fun and be sure to blog all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    ผลบอลพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete