Friday, May 4, 2018


Here is my latest Noah and Matilda block – 6D


Janet (Rogue Quilter) said I should stop saying “cheat” when it comes to my quilt-a-long endeavors. She is of course correct as there is no real cheating if we are having fun. So… I “modified” this block a bit by eliminating one bunch of grapes and adding a leaf instead. 

 Although the grapes are pretty small (see the dime??) they were fun to make. And, of course they vary slightly in size and shape in order to appear more realistic. The substitution of the leaf was simply because I needed to balance the colors. I didn’t have enough neon in this block so it had to come in the form of two leaves.

Both the background and the backing fabrics are antiques and they needled beautifully! 


14 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how old fabrics "Needle" so nicely. Love your modified block and solution to work in the neons. Did you see Ageeth's trapunto?
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was not a "cheat", either, Wendy. It is creative license to make the block your own. And you did it very nicely. Love that you used vintage fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, I agree with your friend! Isn't it funny how we feel like 'cheaters' tho! hehe The block looks great.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block, Wendy. I'm so glad I see your posts first in Feedly where the photos are wonderfully large. It's hard to imagine this block with more grapes. I don't think it would look balanced. And that fabric on the back is gorgeous. I'm surprised the old fabric is in good enough shape to use. I agree that it's not cheating if you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great new blog. Yay for modifying the pattern, that's what makes it yours. Wow those berries are tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Barb those berries are tiny! What fun to use antique fabrics--they are perfect for this block. Your "leaf modification" looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiny tiny berries but your block is awesome as usual !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That block is adorable--and I think it has plenty of grapes--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your block is beautiful Wendy! Your version is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those grapes. Your block is lovely. It's very cool that you have the antique neon piece to work with as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy, could you have made those grapes any SMALLER??!!!
    OMG. They are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete