Friday, June 8, 2018

Feeling fortunate

Imagine my surprise when I opened this package from Australia and out came this little gem! Tara (Tazzie Quilts) made this as a thank you for sending her some 1880's conversational prints she had been searching for. I will be sending her every new conversational piece I find for the rest of my life!! I adore this quilt. I thought I had every reproduction print ever made, but apparently not as there are some in this quilt that I have never even seen. It is so "me"! Thanks a million Tazzie!! (I stole plucked the photo from her blog as the one I took this morning did not do it justice! 


If you follow my blog regularly, you know of my constant quest for the elusive “neon” (20th century term) fabrics of the 1890’s. They were in fashion for such a short period of time and although there were a great many of them produced, they are very hard to come by. There have been a few reproductions over the years – but NEVER enough! I have amassed quite a collection, so it is always fun to find one that I don’t own. I opened my mail last night to see this lovely pile pour out of the package. Wow! Kevin (Kevin the Quilter) knows how much I love them and actually found one that I do not have. This was from a line done by Pilgrim and Roy and this particular print was my favorite in the line. I have it in green and black, but not the brown (until now). Thanks a million Kevin!!!!

I feel so very fortunate to have met so many wonderful people through quilts and quilting. I was sitting at my machine this morning and I noticed that I could see 10 special gifts from friends in this small area! 
The long pin cushion just under the machine is from Barb (Fun with Barb)
The cute little stiletto is from Rose (Something Rose Made)
The gingerbread soap is from Janet (Rogue Quilter) I keep it there for the aroma!
The little lady bug needle threader is from Karen (no blog)
The little mouse pin cushion is from Charlotte (no blog)
The wool pin cushion on my Ott light is from Susie (no blog, not even a quilter)
The mug rug under my cup is from Randy (Barrister’s Block)
The mug is from my guild (PTQG) for services rendered
The mat under my machine is from Kathy (no blog)
And, the little 1 ½” squares (my current feeder project) are from Cyndi (Busy Thimble) who gave me 742 at my last visit!

And this is but the tip of the iceberg. My entire sewing room house is full of special gifts. For these friends and those not mentioned above (you know who you are) I am extremely grateful!!



14 comments:

  1. You are so very welcome Wendy, I was thrilled to make it for you.
    Big hugs
    Tazzie
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting and friendship certainly goes hand in hand!It's a darling quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so lovely to surround yourself with thoughtful gifts from friends that bring them to mind :0) Tazzie's quilt is wonderful - love the border print especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little quilt from Australia!! What a special gift.
    And Kevin's neon fabric find was amazing!
    You are a wonderful friend, Wendy, who deserves nothing but the best! Thanks to you for your friendship!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable little quilt and fabulous neon! wow - lucky you.
    Quilters really are the nicest and I count you at the very top of the nice list.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the border print Tazzie used on your small quilt. She makes such nice quilts. Makes it worth having sent her the elusive fabrics she was in search of. Are you sure you have every repro fabric that has been available??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Special quilt friends deserves gifts to remind them how wonderful they are. I'm very happy to be part of the gift-giving posse. Tizzy's quilt is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that neon print and i agree with you 100%...i too am very blessed by generous, sharing quilters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a wonderful gift and so many quilty friendships :) Perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara's quilt is fabulous and how wonderful that it now gets to live at your house. Quilters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt and what lovely gifts you have. It is lovely you keep them so close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful quilt. You have such generous friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Constant Quilter, what joy in your words. What a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wendy, you failed to mention that You brought Me 500 little 1.5" squares! We have swapped over 3300 and now I am behind again! Love the Aussie quilt as well as all the other things!

    ReplyDelete