Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Monthly Mini Recap


Here’s a recap of 5 fantastic minis for July. Just click and see what we’ve been up to! And, if I have missed anyone this month, please let me know. I have finally fixed the Blogger e-mail problem – after 3 tries!

Kyle’s (Timeless Reflections) July quilt is right in season! Janet (Rogue Quilter) is mad for plaid with her adorable July mini.  Barbara's (Quilts, Gravestones and Elusive Ancestors) little quilt has an interesting story attached! And Randy (Barrister's Block) couldn't remember if it was her June or July quilt, but is so cute that we just don't care!
Do check them all out!

 Our state show - Maine Quilts 2018 - was last weekend and although everyone who volunteered is exhausted, we had a ball! It was a great show and as I mentioned in my last post we had a very special exhibit of Marjorie Lydecker's stunning quilts. It was simply fantastic to see so many of Marge's quilts in one place. Aren't they amazing? I tried to chose a favorite, but I couldn't. I loved them all. 

I did not get any great close ups, but Gladi (Gladi's Quilts) did and I highly recommend you pay her a visit to see the details. Thanks Gladi! 

I also enjoyed assisting Amy Milne (Quilter's Alliance) with her interviews, "Go Tell it at the Quilt Show". Each person was given up to 3 minutes to talk about the quilt they chose to bring. It was a wonderful experience for me to watch and I will post more on the participants later. Marge did her 3 minute talk in front of her quilts. 

I cried as she described this blue and white quilt that she made for her 50th Anniversary. She is such a treasure!

I didn't put anything into our judged section this year, but Pat Harrison gave me a NACQJ award anyway. What an honor! It was for my "Gooseberry Pie" potholder quilt that I made in the (Foothills) quilt sew-a-long with Mary Elizabeth Kinch. 
It was a quilt to make. Mary Elizabeth's book, Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts is one of my favorites!

12 comments:

  1. My favorites are the applique quilts. Some very good ones on display. Do you have any idea how many people attend the show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fave would be the red/green baltimore but i agree, it's a tough choice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection of fabulous quilts. Each one was a visual treat. Her workmanship is exceptional. And, of course, your work is gorgeous as well. The soft impact of your fabrics creates a warm and antique quality. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the eye candy! I love how Gooseberry Pie turned out - not sure I've seen it since the quilting was finished. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying the motivation to finish a mini a month. I had planned on quilting and binding some mini tops I already had, but mostly I have been making new ones. LOL
    I have my August mini mostly cut out now, and getting ready to start sewing.
    Wow--the applique just blows my mind!
    Absolutely love the quilt you made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, your quilt is fabulous!! LOVE it. And so happy you got ANOTHER ribbon!! ;-) You'll need an entire room to hang them in!!
    You are providing such great motivation!! THANKS
    Back to my August mini...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, i love your blog. congrats on another ribbon, it's well deserved! I wonder if you know how Marjorie makes her lovely ruched flowers? I would like to use this technique in a quilt i'm working on. Hope you get this message. Meliss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous quilts § Thank you for sharing Wendy !
    And....woo hoo ! Congratulations on your ribbon !! It's well deserved and your quilt is awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful quilts. Congrats on your ribbon, Wendy! You deserve one for every quilt you make :) And I love being part of the monthly mini group. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful selection of quilts -thanks so much for sharing; it's almost as good as seeing them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations on your ribbon - so well deserved! Looks like a fabulous quilt show - I hope to attend next year! I love hearing quilters talk about their work, its a wonderful way to appreciate them even more.

    ReplyDelete