Tuesday, August 21, 2018

AQSG Auction


I am packing up some vintage quilt “stuff” for the annual American Quilt Study Group annual auction. I was going to donate my Moda Blockheads quilt, but I think “Cecile’s Fruit Cake” is a better choice for an organization devoted to quilt history. 

Cecile (PatchworkInspirations) hosted a fun sew-a-long where we were all to make 16 basket blocks of our choice.  I chose the “cake stand” block because it is easy and it is one of my favorites.  

The center panel is printed by Kay and Lori Lee Triplett and you can find it in 3 sizes (here). I cut the panel apart and needle turned the center onto the background and used a simple blanket stitch (broderie perse) on the corner pieces. I hand quilted most of it, but added a bit of machine quilting in the ditch in the border. 

I had an absolute blast at last year’s seminar in Manchester, NH. I hadn’t been to one in a while so it was great to reconnect with friends and to meet new members. If you are at all interested in quilt related history, I highly recommend you join AQSG. It is such a great organization!

10 comments:

  1. Perfect choie of a quilt to donate. I have looked at those panels several times but not made a purchase. I am going to look again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your quilt ! I have bought a pannel like that and treasure it..but I have an idea for a quilt with it !
    Your participation was an honor for me ... thank you again Wendy !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't pack it up until you bring it to quilt study???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quilt. What a great idea to donate it for an auction.
    xxxxs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous choice for the auction. It's going to be very popular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilt for the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so pretty and will fetch a pretty penny! Are you going this year? Sadly I’m not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I imagine folks will be scrambling to bid on that quilt, Wendy! It is just such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy, are you going to this year's seminar? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your auction quilt! It will go for big bucks for AQSG
    I'm going to miss you and Cyndi and Cynthia so much this year !

    ReplyDelete