Friday, November 29, 2019

November mini and a funny story


I just love a “strippy” setting! For my November mini I took a stack of mini 4-patches I had lying around, paired them with this super fabric and voila! It practically made itself. The backing fabric reminded me of turkey feathers. Perfect for November! 


I have many things to be thankful for this holiday season. One of those things is the fact that there are so many of you out there keeping blogging alive. I so enjoy reading about all your fabulous quilts and journeys. Despite this busy holiday month, I have lots of cohorts in this mini madness.  Barb (Fun with Barb) made an adorable modern mini (here). Barbara's (Quilts, Gravestones and Elusive Ancestors) is extremely clever (here). Kyle (Timeless Reflections) finished her "Cinnamon Toast" (here) just before the snow started!  Sandy's (My Material Creations) mini is adorable (here), Randy's (Barrister's Block) serves two purposes as it will be for her new grandson! (here) And, Janet's (Rogue Quilter) is fabulous as always too (here). Thanks for sharing all your wonderful minis! If I have missed you, let me know and I will link you in. 

And, for the funny story… I had an episode this summer which prompted a visit to a cardiologist and his eventual decision to implant a traveling heart monitor (I believe they call it loop recorder in the profession) in my chest. There were 7 people in the operating room for the 10 minute procedure - no wonder health costs are outrageous! The sales rep handed me a box with the sending unit and instruction book. I got home, and started reading the mile long of things to keep clear of the monitor. Most were of no interest to me, but my husband came running as I shouted out “you’ve got to be kidding me”!!
We had a good laugh at the fact that although I do put my heart into the quilts I make, I rarely get closer than 6” to the machine! 

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! We had a record number this year at 44 (yes, 44!). I am so thankful for our wonderful (and large) family!

12 comments:

  1. that is a very long list of items you can't be close to - even a hair dryer - or is that too 6 inches from the heart area? I know they used to say you couldn't be in the same room as a microwave oven with a pace maker is that still true?
    Love your mini

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny, but kind of not funny!
    This was our first year with only Cory and I- I'll make sure I have a turkey handy if it happens again.
    Love your mini and the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet mini for November and I'll admit to not having made one for this month. No sewing machine is pretty much going to give any quilter a heart attack! What were they thinking, this is our therapy! Happy belated Thanksgiving, ours was spent at daughter and SIL's, they host every year now, between 30 and 40 in all. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that your procedure went well and it's interesting what the restrictions are. You'll have to keep us up to date how you deal with some these, especially the sewing machine. Your November quilt is lovely and the backing does resemble turkey feathers. Wow! 44 people coming together to enjoy Thanksgiving together. What a special day. If I can get some time, I'll post my November quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Wendy! Love the way your mini came together. It's perfect! I just posted mine. Glad to hear your procedure went well but watch out for your sewing machine! Who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a bit scary having to be aware of maintaining distance from so many items--especially the sewing machine! Your little mini is adorable. If I work hard this weekend, I may have a mini to share--we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, your mini is adorable! I love all your fabrics, esp. the strip-y and the backing, which I agree looks like turkey tails! On to the Sewing Machine Restriction ~ I wonder if that would apply to a mechanical machine, such as a Featherweight, or a Juki? Or do they mean anything that's plugged in? Maybe you should look for a treadle, just to be on the safe side!
    I linked up my mini post this morning, and am looking forward to seeing what others made last month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet mini - very November! I did not get it together to do a mini this month. Sounds like an amazing Thanksgiving - 44! I guess with long arms I could keep 6 inches away from my sewing machine - but, wow! Very specific. Luckily you are genius at hand work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely little quilt, Wendy! Wonderful choices of fabric, and such a classic, vintage look.
    Oh, I am sorry about your heart issues. Can't believe everything you have to keep at a distance. I don't know if I could work 6" away from my machine. These old eyes require me to get up close and personal when I am doing small stuff. Good luck staying away from everything that plugs in, or uses radio waves, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love a strippy setting too and those shots of pink are so fun.
    So are your heart happy now? all good? hope so. crazy instruction book, love how it is a DIY project....!
    Thanks for the links and all the fun this year with mini participation.
    44!!! wowser how awesome. I'm thankful for your friendship and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. i want to testify about the great spell caster called Dr Azuka my husband and i have been married for 5 years now we don't have a child and the doctor told us i can't give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me about a powerful spell caster she gave me his email address well i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give him a try and he told me it will take 24hrs to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant i doubted him the 3rd day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he didn't want the divorce anymore 3 weeks after the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant he can also help you contact him via email: Dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com What’s app or call: +44 7520 636249‬



    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been seeing posts and testimonials about BLANK ATM CARD but I never believed it, not until I tried it myself. It was on the 12th day of March. I was reading a post about places to visit in Slovakia when I saw this captivating post about how a Man described as Mr John changed his life with the help of a Blank Atm Card. I didn't believe it at first until I decided to reach him through the mail address attached to the post. To my greatest imagination, it was real. Right now am living up to a standard I never used to live before. Today might be your lucky day! Reach Mr Thomas via email:(thomassiguard522@gmail.com) see you on the brighter side of life.you can also contect him via WhatsApp:+17733492820


    ReplyDelete