Wednesday, July 1, 2020

June Monthly Mini

Pay no attention to the date at the top of this post! I guess I forgot to press the button last night.

Well, another month has flown by. My sewing hours have been happily devoted to my “Community Supper” quilt, so this month’s mini had to be super simple.

Something light to represent the onset of summer with a touch of red to show the frustration we are all feeling these days. I grabbed the basket of “lights” and started whacking. Simple mindless stitching. 

When I started this one I was going to call it, “The Light at the End of the Tunnel” aka “Bye Corona”, but it became evident as I traveled onward that the end was nowhere in sight. Then I thought about, “The Thin Red Line”, to show the courage we have had to muster during this pandemic. But, I feel that term is one of honor for the military and firefighters and I do not want to diminish the respect we all have for them. So, I decided on "Unsettled".   

Take a gander at what my fellow mini makers have come up with this month. Keep checking in as some may (like me) be a bit late in posting. And, some may be having issues with the new Blogger. Argh! I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quilting Babcia (AmityQuilter)


And, you may have noticed the way I put triangles in the corners of my minis instead of hand stitching a sleeve across the top.
My friend Shirley goes one better by leaving the top of the corner open so you can slide a dowel right through.

Clever! I’m going to use this method next time. Thanks Shirley!


20 comments:

  1. Okay, sorry to delete that last comment!!! I love the idea of leaving space for the dowel to go through on the corner triangle!!! I looked back at your photos and see how you did it now. Neat! I'll definitely be doing that on my next mini! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute mini but I'm going to call it "Thoroughly Modern Mini"!!, even though I like your delliberations over the other ideas!
    VERY sweet!
    I've yet to successfully put corners like you and Shirley have done... I'm still a sleeve girl, or even tacks in the corners! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new little low-volume mini. Mindless cutting and sewing sounds very therapeutic! There seems to be no end in sight for this covid business unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mini quilt! Thank you for sharing Shirley's triangle corners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unsettled is an appropriate name for your June mini. I think we all still feel that way. The low volume prints are soothing though, but the random piecing says it all. I'll post my quilt in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool mini! It's aptly named (unfortunately so.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unsettled is a good descriptor for this time, and your quilt. Mindless quilting is just the thing sometimes when our minds are so overloaded with stress. Love the low volume punched up with the red. That's a very good tip about the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Unsettled" is a perfect quilting theme for right now!
    Thanks for the quilter hanger tip. Definitely going to give that a try on my next mini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super simple sewing at this time seems to be what we all need. Wonderful mini for June and these Unsettled times :) Great idea to put triangles in the corners for hanging your minis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes coming up with a quilt name is the hard part!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mini conveys perfectly what so many of us are experiencing at the moment, walking a very narrow line between accepting or tolerating the chaos that surrounds us without stepping off onto the other side with a new kind of PTSD. A beautiful quilt by the way, and it looks like more folks are joining in your monthly mini group - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great tip for a small quilt/wallhanging

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very creative mini to represent this crazy time in history. A really good name choice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your mini, and that great tip for the dowel for hanging! I'll try to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't recall seeing you do an all light piece before Your scrap basket has treated you well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great little zen quilt. I like mindless sewing sometimes too.
    If only Covid was leaving.....bye now you can go at any time.
    Sorry, I didn't do a june mini.
    Busy month fighting with my chrome quilt. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Unsettled mini speaks volumes - it certainly describes most of us these days. Thank you for sharing the tip on the triangles and dowel. Be safe and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was very happy to share my method with Wendy and her followers. Somehow I missed this post and just saw it today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete