Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Curves – Cecile and Corinne’s 2021 Quilt-a-long

 I always enjoy Cecile’s sew-a-longs. The variety never disappoints! This year she is hosting it with her friend Corinne and the theme is curves. There are very few rules. It begins in January and you must make at least 16 blocks and be finished by May.

 After the year we have all faced I decided to make my curves come “full circle”. I think we would all like a “do over” for the year that is thankfully behind us. 


 I’m making 3” finished blocks in my favorite c1890 colors. I love the bright (almost neon) colors paired with black that was popular for such a short time. I need these bright colors to keep me focused on the better days to come. Yes, I am a hopeless optimist!

 Visit the FB page (here) to watch the progress. The creativity is remarkable! Thanks Cecile and Corinne!

12 comments:

  1. And thank you to you too for your loyalty !!
    Love your circles !

    ReplyDelete
  2. my 2nd year doing this sew along and loving it! great circles too by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little circles are going to make a wonderful quilt! Looks like you are well on the way to 16 blocks. Optimism and Faith over Fear is my theme for this year (any year actually).

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Wonderful quilt. I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be another one of your historical cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your circles are going to add up to something wonderful for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such an amazing collection of fabrics for this project. yay for circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've done Cecile's SAL's for several years so I feel a bit sad that I wasn't up to participating this year. Your circle concept is very clever and it will be fun to see it come together. I've been stalking the FB group and everyone's progress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking really good, Wendy!
    Have you decided if you are doing a straight set, or on point--sashing or no?
    I've been working on my curved blocks for the SAL this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your circles are a great way to show off the amazing fabrics in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your full circle project! Reminds me of one that went around a few years ago- one circle for every day of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always loved their projects -- and the variety and creativity is just overwhelming to me... yours included.
    Love the colors and the circles--and your theory!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete