Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Lucky me!

 I was so surprised when Kyle (Timeless Reflections) e-mailed me to say that I had won one of her fantastic “project bags”. It is absolutely beautiful! Now I will have no trouble “remembering” which project is in the bag! And, she snuck in a sweet star quilt pattern as well. Thanks Kyle! 



 I was also lucky to find this lost block this weekend.


I use a very complicated pressing system when trying to flatten a block with tiny pieces. 

Yes, these oversize quilt books serve more than one purpose in my sewing room. Anyway, I was looking something up on Saturday and lo and behold this block popped out from underneath the book. It was for this quilt back in December. You can read about it (here)

 Funny, I remember thinking that I had just miscounted when I ended up needing to make one more block. So… the pressing system only works if you remember where you put it.

 They say the wind chill factor is 25 below zero this morning. At 5 degrees with gusts of 50 mph, I am inclined to agree with them. Hope you are warm and cozy where you are. Have fun today.

15 comments:

  1. Lucky you--and lucky me! I also received one of Kyle's lovely bags. Glad that quilt block found you! I'm always amazed how things surface after the fact. It's frigid here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win, Wendy, but sorry to hear the book stack ate that last quilt block! At least, you know where to look next time. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked the project bag. I'm linked all my newest creations on your Monthly Mini post. I know it's a wide interpretation of a mini. Yes, trying to remember where we put things can always be a challenge. You have a very interesting and tall pressing system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your win! those bags are sooo nice...i made one for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a giggle over your found block. I just found a block this morning that had gone missing and I also figured I had miscounted. My top isn’t finished so I may be able to use it for a label—unless I lose another block—then I’ll be even—lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Congrats--it is a beautiful project bag!
    I had a good laugh about the "found" block. Yes, I remember when you were short a block.
    That is a highly sophisticated pressing system. Some of those books look familiar, so apparently I have a pressing system in the making. :)
    Oh, and I thought we'd had a cold spell. We are balmy here by comparison!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I won too! lucky us.
    I love your pressing system. Some great books in that stack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that’s so funny. It’s in a safe place. If only we can remeber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! I've "lost" quilt blocks in the past, but never under a pile of quilt books. On the bright side - now you've got a starting place for your March mini!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes, I used this pressing system too !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hi tech pressing technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice gift from Kyle, and I really chuckled about your "pressing" method. And oh what an enviable stack of heavy beautiful quilt books! I have a few of those - not all! Your quilt looks so good on the bed! Warm AND cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your win, Wendy. I love your pressing system, one I must remember. And I like the fabrics you used, especially the toile and the triangle with the couple gazing into each other's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice win from Kyle. For pressing small blocks I have an old flatiron ... and lots of time.

    ReplyDelete