Monday, October 31, 2022

October Monthly Mini

 I am so thankful to be feeling better that I had to make something "cheerful". I love this fabulous cheddar color all year long, but it is particularly fun to use in the fall. Just a few simple appliqued circles and some broken dishes around the outside and voila, another mini is born. I'm calling this one "Unbroken" as I am feeling better each day. So happy to be quilting again!! 


I used one of my favorite cheater prints on the back. Don't worry Kyle, the label will go on soon!! 


Hope all of the mini makers had as much fun as I did this month!

Quilting Babcia (Amity Quilter)

Randy (Barrister’s Block)

Cathy (Big Lake Quilter) 

Cyndi (Busy Thimble)

Grace (City Mouse Quilter)

Barb (Fun with Barb)

Gladi (Gladi’s Quilts)

Shasta (High Road Quilter)

Nancy (Joy For Grace)

Joy (Joyful Quilter)

Julie (Julie K Quilts)

Kathy (Kathy’s Quilts)

Katy (Katy Quilts)

Sandy (My Material Creations)

Meredithe (Pomegranate and Chintz)

Angie (Quilting on the Crescent)

Barbara (Quilts, Gravestones and Elusive Ancestors)

Janet (Rogue Quilts)

Tazzie (Tazzie Quilts)


16 comments:

  1. Unbroken is so bright and cheerful. Your past health issues have left your spirit unbroken. Now you're moving full speed ahead. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really do see the light at the end of the tunnel!

      Delete
  2. so delighted that you are back in the swing...i can "hear" it in your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! It feels great to be moving forward again! It was so wonderful to see you on our Zoom meeting last week. I hope to be Zooming more in the future!

      Delete
  3. It is a very cheerful quilt and I'm so glad you are feeling better. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see your cheerful mini and hear how well you're doing. I've kind of fallen off the mini making wagon, but hopefully will hop back on before too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, the mini wagon will keep rolling along and you can jump in for a ride anytime!!

      Delete
  5. What a cheerful little quilt, Wendy! So glad you are feeling better and in mini-making mode! Absolutely love this little piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is certainly right up your alley for sure. I always think of your marvelous scrappy minis when I make one. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

      Delete
  6. I am SO happy to hear you are feeling better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I am so happy for your happiness these days as well. It is so wonderful that you are back with family close by. I know you enjoy every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet scrappy sassy little quilt! I love it. I'm so glad you are doing better my friend! sorry, I disappointed again on a mini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful quilt... I love the scrappiness of the fabrics and the circle of buttons in the centre! I only got a mug mat made this month, but I love it and use it every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Wendy, I was so glad to read you are feeling better! It is also obvious in your sewing out put!!! And all of your finishes are wonderful! Also congratulations on your feature in Quiltmania! I agree, the best quilt magazine around! What a well deserved honor! I know I keep using exclamation points ; but, there is so much good news to exclaim about! Happy Fall, take care, cw

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, Wendy, this is definitely fitting for where you are in your life right now. "Unbroken" is symbolic not just in name. When I look at this charming little quilt (that is so "you"), I see that it is chock full of color, and there is no real neutral involved. Even when you were seriously ill, it seemed there was no "neutral" in your attitude. You were always so positive and looking forward to the future surgery and the healing it would bring. You are a marvel, my friend, and I am not talking about your quilting (though you are definitely a marvel in that area, too).

    ReplyDelete