Saturday, January 13, 2024

Corinne and Cecile quilt-a-long 2024

 Is it really January 13 already?? I am participating in Cecile and Corinne's (Patchwork_Inspirations) annual quilt-along again this year. This year the theme is animals. I was really excited about this announcement since I have been wanting to make an animal quilt for some time utilizing the extensive collection of wool that I have been hoarding, I mean collecting, for some time. I started on January 1, but it has taken a few days 😂 for me to get to this post! 

 

In 2012, I participated in the American Quilt Study Group's "Colonial Revival Quilt Study" project. I copied this vintage quilt found in Maine and made this little quilt with vintage feedsacks.

 

It was published in the book, "Revival!, A Study of Early 20th Century Colonial Revival Quilts". I have been wanting to do one in wool ever since. 

Thank you Cecile and Corinne for giving me the nudge I needed. I will be doing it in the potholder method (of course😏). I am excited to reveal the back at the end of the project to give everyone a little chuckle. 

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year full of quilty goodness!


9 comments:

  1. glad you are on board! can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! Adorable animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do the funnest things. It's always a joy to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a fun QAL for you Wendy. Your first few animals are very cute. It sounds like we're in for a treat when you reveal the back!666

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wool animals! I've seen vintage versions of your animal quilt but I love yours! The fabrics and the quilting are perfect! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love to do a bit of research on my little antique quilt. Lynn Evans Miller owns two that are very similar and I saw another in a Maine antique store that I wish I had bought!! I have never seen a published pattern, but I find it interesting that the two I found were in Maine and they had lobsters in them. Maybe Lynn will do research on hers.

      Delete
  6. What a happy little quilt to start 2024. I had the pleasure of living with that little animal quilt when I stayed at your house and I was smitten with it!
    the wool version is going to be wonderwool.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt will be fun to watch over time and you've teased us with the backing ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are brilliant, Wendy. WHen I saw the challenge theme for this year I figured it would involve applique, and I figured I would let this one go by. Never did it occur to me that I could accomplish the challenge with wool applique.
    Your little animals are very cute.
    And I also am impressed with the quilt you did for the study group.

    ReplyDelete