Sunday, December 17, 2023

Nike was right!

 I just have to "do it"! I set a goal on my last post to write one every Monday. That might have been a bit ambitious since that was October 9 and I've done nothing since. So...

I will start with a few finishes since October 9 and will NOT pressure myself into thinking that I will post every week. I feel better already!!

In mid October I finished my "Scrappy Stars Sew-a-long" with Taryn Falkner on Instagram. I made mine in the potholder method, so when the last blocks was posted, I was able to get it finished pretty quickly. I was amazed at how many people joined this project. There are some wonderful versions! Actually, they are all superb!

 

Back 


When my friend, Linda Collins (Quilts in the Barn) came to visit, she gave me a wonderful little kit to make a "sewing kit". It went together very quickly thanks to her EPP papers and great instructions! 
 
 
I made her this little mini to take back to Australia as a reminder of her trip to Maine. 


I finished a t-shirt quilt made from many of my grandson's old shirts. I sent it to his mother for her birthday in October. I have made a few of these and each time I make one, I say "never again". This one was easier because I gave it to my friend Kathy Boudreau to quilt for me. 
 
I had one lefteover and since it was one of my favorites, I put it on the back. 


That's all I can muster today. Hope the spirit moves me to get the rest of the finishes out soon. 



11 comments:

  1. Love your new potholder quilt! They are so addictive to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post. We'll take whatever we can get.
    Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been busy! no doubt there....great projects and a lovely maine keepsake to send across the sea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at all you get done! I'm continuing on with scrappy stars, to make a larger quilt. What a labor of love to make a t-shirt quilt;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each blog post is like a letter from a faraway friend, I picture them akin to those received by women of the westward movement who shared letters with enclosed scraps of the fabrics they were using in their latest quilts and dresses. Our photos fulfill the same function. Looking forward to your next letter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness, Wendy! That Stars SAL potholder quilt is scrumptious!! And your sewing kit is precious.
    I love what you made for Linda as a reminder of your great state!
    Great t-shirt quilt. I have only ever made 2 king size T-shirt quilts, and I said, "Never again." So far I haven't, but hubby wants one now and has been saving shirts for it.
    I think you have a lot of quilting to share. And it is all wonderful, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray ! I was so happy to see your post. Your star sew along came out so great. and so fast! what a sweet little sewing kit. I'm sure Linda loved your little quilt.
    I've never made a T-shirt quilt. Maybe one day....I am saving them.
    Merry Christmas Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was amazed at the uptake of Taryn's Star quilt - it was however, super fun to play along. I have not finished mine yet - too much going on. I love the little sewing kit you made from Linda's gift. I always said I would never make a T-shirt quilt but I caved and made one with one of my daughters. (It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but hope no one asks me again) This one has some awesome shirts in it - a worthwhile make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your finishes are impressive. I just love the T-shirt quilt, something I want to do for several years now.....maybe I should just start.....
    The little 'Maine' quilt is beautiful, what a great gift. I love the State of Maine, we visited your state on our first trip in 1994 and again for 2 weeks in 1998. It has been on my mind ever since and I hope to return soon for another trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice to see you blogging and nice finishes..........hope to see you on zoom soon........

    ReplyDelete