Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Where I left off...

While looking for an old photo for my sister recently, I came across this. This is my mother holding a quilt I made in 1972 for a teacher's new baby. It made me realize just how swiftly time is passing. Although it was not my first quilt, I remember so very clearly making this one, as I wanted every seam to be perfect. This was going to be a gift to a special person and I wanted do do my very best. Seems like it was yesterday. 

 

Since my last post was in April, I thought I'd better go chronologically until I get to "present day". 😏 One short post at a time so as not to overload anyone or anything (like my PC). 

May: Another delightful retreat with my "Seven Sistahs" at our rented beach house. We had a severe early Spring storm here in Maine which affected many coastal areas, but we were fortunate that the house we have rented for the past 4 years, came through unscathed. We have a little (all in fun) challenge every year. When we were here last year we purchased a panel of strange and spooky images. Everyone took one tiny (6") panel and made their offering. 

 
I just donated mine to our statewide quilt show's silent auction. I chose the Venus Fly Trap since it was one of my favorite plants as a kid. I found some black plastic flies and gold honey bees to attach to the center of the "shoo fly" blocks. It was a lot of fun! 
 

I am by no means the most productive of the group. In fact, I might be the least since I have of late only brought hand work. But we all have loads of fun!!
 
Karen, Kathy and Charlotte hard at it!! 
 
Charlotte's challenge piece. She makes the best bags!! 
 
Charlotte also has a lot of fun with retail therapy! 
 
We have our share of just plain down time! 
 
And, then we just sleep and dream of all the quilting we will do in the morning!









6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun retreat with your 'sisters'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good to see you posting again...no doubt your retreat was heavenly...what shop was that? knight's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful teacher gift! You’ve been gifting quilts for a lot of years! I love the old photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the baby is now 52 years old. Have you kept in touch with the family? Looks like a wonderfully refreshing retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have kept in touch Nann, and he is now a major in the US Army. Time goes by so quickly!

      Delete
  5. Quilty time with friends is THE BEST! It looks like a wonderful retreat!

    ReplyDelete