Friday, April 28, 2017

Quilters Bee the Best!

After mentioning that I might place a bee at the entrance to my skep (Blockhead #5) I had an offer of a button from Janet O. (Rogue Quilter) and Barbara (Quilts and Gravestones) sent me these 3 fabrics in case any of these bees might work. 

Then my neighbor and partner in quilting crime Fotini, gave me this sweet little print to try. 


I think the ones from Barbara are a little large and the one from Fotini is a bit small. Whatever I use needs to be about ¼” in size. I’m still contemplating but I so appreciate “a little help from my friends”!

And speaking of Fotini, she pieced this top 

And I did this one


And they are off to Sharon, our quilting angel.

6 comments:

  1. Good to know that you have friends who are bee-ing helpful. I keep thinking I have something else but I can't find things in my studio like I use to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My smallest bee button is 1/2", but I know a place where they might have them smaller. On my next quick trip over the mountain I can check them out, if you would like to go the button route.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think of a song about a little help from my friends. Can't think of who sang it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I have a different bee fabric and will measure it tomorrow and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll find the right bee - I'll check my stash.
    I have really cute little bee charms somewhere. I'll send you a photo.
    great GOV quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure I have any bees but now you have me curious so I will check! I like the idea of a button, and an oversized bee might be whimsical. I'm sure it will BEE fine, whatever you choose! LOL

    ReplyDelete