Monday, March 12, 2018

Quilty 365 Update


That’s right, Quilty 365, the quilt I started with Audrey (Quilty Folk) back in November 2016. If you remember we were to applique one block a day for 365 days. I can’t tell you how much I missed that when the last one was done!


I started hand quilting it in December of 2016. I had a great deal of the center finished before I left it sitting in a corner of the quilt annex for over a year! I decided I wanted to put it in our state show (Maine Quilts 2018) this summer, so I dug it out a few weeks ago. It looked like it wouldn’t take long to finish it, but it is funny how that perimeter is so much larger than the center!!

 I really love this quilt. I’ve decided to call it “Crop Circles” because it has over 700 different vintage feedsack fabrics in it.

Anyway, I finished the quilting but neglected so many other things. I really missed my Noah andMatilda applique. It had been almost a month since I made my last block. I finished block 3D this morning and it felt good to be back! 
The backing came from a friend who gave me 3 wonderful neon fabrics that I had never seen before.
Thanks Sue!



18 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful. I know what you mean about missing Applique stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Crop Circles" is a creative name for your quilt and suits it so well. A+ for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect name for your labor of love! It seems like once a person starts appliqueing, there is such a desire to always have something in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful quilt. I'm so glad you decided to finish it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crop Circle is wonderful, I too loved making this QAL with Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, Wendy! I don't know how you do it all, but it is so beautiful.
    That is a beautiful neon backing--I haven't seen it before, either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow....will look fantastic hanging in the show....great accomplishment wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quilt to finish for the show. You must have so much patience to quilt around all those circles! Crop Circles is such a clever name :) Your N&M block is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve your circle quilt! I bet it feels great to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crops Circles is beautiful with all those feed sack fabrics playing together. You're so good coming up with clever names! It will be exciting for others to see in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing your Quilty 365 quilt almost finished! I pulled mine out this weekend. No matter what my guilt tells me about which quilts deserve to go first, that quilt is next in line. I really want to work on that one so that's just that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on finishing your Circle quilt for the show. wow - it's amazing and I hope to see in person someday.
    love that neon on your applique' block.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea for quilting your Quilty 365 circles - good luck on meeting your deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fabulous! That is a lot of circular quilting to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on finishing up your Quilty 365 quilt.
    Your's was my very favorite version of this "block a day" project. I love it and am happy to hear you will share it at the State show this summer.
    Beautiful N&M block too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on getting your Quilty 365 to a finish - takes a lot of perseverance! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete