Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Back Online!


Between trouble with our internet and a quick trip to Florida I am woefully behind on my blog reading and posting. Yes, they do have the internet in Florida, but I didn’t want to take one minute away from my visit with our grandson. He has become a “merman” and is swimming nearly every day. We had such fun! What a treasure! 

I am diligently working on my little quilt for Lori’s (Humble Quilts) swap. I have even been thinking of “cheating” and counting it as my April mini quilt. We’ll see how the rest of the month goes!

My only accomplishments are my latest Noah and Matilda blocks. Block4D – love these grapes! 

And, block 5D. I hesitated using the black neon in the flower, but I like the result. 

Spring is our busiest time here in the boatyard so I don’t expect to get a lot of quilting time this month. Yes, even though we still have snow on the ground, customers do want their boats ready when the warm weather hits.

Happy Spring!

17 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to take time away from a family visit either - glad you got a chance to visit and leave the internet behind for a couple days - we all need to that now and then

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grapes :0) Quilted so beautifully too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a mini, and you complete it in April. How is that cheating??? If we have to complete a mini each month just for the sake of completing a mini, unrelated to any other goals or projects, I'm sunk. :)
    Love the merman in the water. Sweet!
    Oh, that black really gives that flower a dimension all its own. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to get away! I really like your grape colors. I think they look perfect. And I love that flower! Very striking and perfect appliqué!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blocks!
    How fun to spend time with the merman! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have you back, but spending time with a merman can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to spend time with your grandson. That pool lokes awesome.
    love your blocks and look forward to seeing your swap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your grandson! I think your swap quilt definitely qualifies for April's mini :) And your N & M blocks are fantastic. Love the grapes and that swirly flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree...a mini is a mini is a mini...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caton looks so happy! AWESOME! Great that you got to visit.
    I LOVE the grapes!!!
    And I say YES on the mini... I was in such a rush, that I forgot to take a picture of the one I sent out...
    Will it still count?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your nice echo quilting! The applique is nice too, I like the variety of fabrics in the grapes, makes it more interesting that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Certainly you made the right choice spending time with your grandson, such reassured moments.
    Your Noah and Matilda blocks are terrific. Beautiful work!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Family visits definitely demand our full attention, don't they? Your two blocks look lovely; I like the way the black fabric looks a lot, especially combined with the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, you are the constant quilter except when you have a darling grandson to distract you? Glad you are back and the Noah and Matilda blocks are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your blocks and look forward to seeing your swap quilt.
    สล็อต ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete