Monday, January 6, 2020

My C1880 top is finally complete!

I should have titled this post “What I did on my Christmas vacation”! I had a few days of “pieceful” bliss as I stitched this fun quilt together. (I apologize for the bad photo but it was the best I could do until I can take it outside)

I was thrilled when Pam Buda (HeartspunQuilts) asked Cyndi and I if we would like to participate in her new venture of making this sensational c1880 quilt. I started swapping blocks with Pam, Cyndi (Busy Thimble) and Janet (Rogue Quilter) nearly 2 years ago!

I have loved making every one of these little blocks and have really enjoyed swapping with Pam, Janet and Cyndi. 

The antique muslin that everyone is using for their background is sensational and I plan to use it for something fun in the near future, but when I saw this chrome yellow bolt, I fell in love!

Pam’s directions for piecing are wonderful, but because the print is unidirectional, I had to make a decision. I could piece it the way the pattern calls for and fussy cut the triangles or I could simplify the process by simply placing the blocks on point and stitching diagonal rows. You guessed it - I went for the simple solution!

The center of mine is also unique thanks to Janet! She sent me 5 amazing “Rogue” blocks and I decided to feature them in the center of the quilt. Just imagine – the center of these little gems measures 1” (yes – 1”) finished! She used the selvage of one of Pam’s fabrics one of the blocks and I thought it would be a fitting tribute to use it smack in the center. 

I’m sure I would never have tackled this project without the gentle nudge from Pam. I have Cyndi to thank for ALL of the fabrics I used in my blocks. My nearest guess is around 1,200 different fabrics in all.

I also have labels from Pam, Cyndi and Janet that I will add to the back after my friend Kathy Boudreau does her longarm magic on it! 

I want to thank Pam for creating this beautiful and truly fun project. Don’t be intimidated by the size of the blocks. Pam’s easy to follow directions make them a cinch to piece. Please visit the Facebook page (here) to see all the wonderful creations and to find out how to join the club!

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely spectacular! That yellow is such a wonderful choice! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this finish Wendy !!
    Your quilt is absolutely fabulous... and this yellow chrome a wonderful choice !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic finish. I love it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous finish. The center is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing accomplishment. That yellow really makes everything sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic finish! And at the end of 2019!! Your top is just beautiful. I love that you put Janet's blocks smack dab in the center. I have the muslin (from Cyndi) and I agree that it might be better used elsewhere--your choice of the setting fabric is perfect.

    BRAVO!!!
    And what's for 2020?? Barbara Brackman and what else??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good play on words with the "rogue".
    The chrome yellow is so "you". Such a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt---well done! The yellow setting squares and the border fabric are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. So amazing, Wendy! I love all the personal touches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am gob-smacked. The Chrome Yellow is such a wonderful twist. It screams, "Wendy!" LOL
    You have motivated me, my friend. I think I will try to sew a few more rows together this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing accomplishment! So fun that you could do it with friends and kept each other motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful - the yellow is perfect! What a special project to do with friends, and the Rogue blocks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is wonderful! And that center!! Oh, my, such tiny blocks. Janet must be a really good friend! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt is beautiful. I love the way you use color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the yellow, it really glows. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous quilt! This is an heirloom treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I found Dr. Paul I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another woman. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr.Paul through his website and He told me me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my boyfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. Paul helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. Paul to anyone in need of help. Email: writelovespell@gmail.com, Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2348140443360

    ReplyDelete
  18. My name is Valary West.I'm from Canada, My husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behaviour from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days.

    I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through I am very happy today with my family. My name is West Valary  living in Canada, My husband left me for good 3 months now, and i love him so much, i have been looking for a way to get him back since then.

    i have tried many options but he did not come back, until i met a friend that darted me to Dr. Odumeje a spell caster, who helped me to bring back my husband after 48 hours. Me and my husband are living happily together today, That man is great, you can contact him via email odumejetemple@gmail. com…

    Now i will advice any serious persons that found themselves in this kind of problem to contact him now a fast solution without stress.. He always hello, now i call him my father. contact him now he is always online email odumejetemple@gmail.com or contact him on his whatsapp mobile line +2349012479806

    you can also contact me for more info about the DR here is my email. westvalary@gmail.com   

    ReplyDelete