Friday, May 29, 2020

Community Supper update


Oh wow! I am having a ball with all your wonderful orphan blocks! The count is 44 received with promises of at least 12 more. I must say, I haven’t seen one that I would consider a “reject”. Each one is truly wonderful!

I’ve started quilting a few. Here is my friend, Christina’s (Tina to me) block with fabulous Liberty prints. Yum!
And this one from Karen (Suzie Karen to me).
Both Tina and Karen are in my Seven Sistahs group. The other 4 (and of course me) have promised one as well. I’d be lost without these ladies!

I think I mentioned that the backs will be different “cheater” (printed patchwork) fabrics.
It seems fitting since we have all been “cheated” by having to keep our distance with friends and family. 


I wanted to find a binding fabric that would tie all these diverse blocks together and figured it would have to be black. I found this Jo Morton fabric that I adore but I had less than 2 yards. 
So, I started rummaging and found this “perfect” fabric designed by Judy Roche and Corienne Kramer. It really looks like it could be a virus!
Judy had given it to me a while back knowing how much I love the old neon prints. I knew that Cyndi had not carried this line so I did a search and found enough on Etsy to make all the bindings.
 Pot luck truly is the best!

16 comments:

  1. I’m excited for this project. Keep posting the blocks as you quilt them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black print is perfect. It is a bit scary looking, how fun that you found enough for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks! This quilt is going to be such fun to watch it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That virus fabric is perfect!!
    Love the 2 blocks you have shown. I know it will be a super unique quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be such fun watching you quilt all these awesome blocks! Your cheater fabrics are great and the black "virus" bindings are so clever and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn, forgot to mail block. I'll try to get it out next week! Cool idea, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg that virus fabric really is perfect! But if you change your mind, I have a pretty big hunk of the Jo Morton black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sew sew fun! i love this.
    hey! I've met susie karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your project is meant to be - great choices on fabric selection! Those wiggly little virus bugs are so appropriate...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be a delicious meal. Your binding fabric is a perfect choice. My block is in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Wendy, the virus looking neon print is a perfect choice! Certainly gives one the impression of a bug. I am looking forward to your finished piece as I know it is going to be creative and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That backing fabric gives me the itches just looking at it!! Seriously!
    You're already doing a great job!! Love the blocks you've gotten already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an excellent choice for binding! It is going to be fun to watch you bring this together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous!
    So looking forward to seeing your updates and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Jo Morton Fabric is wonderful, love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete