Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Two and Four and this and that

 

When I posted my 4-patches last week I had a few comments saying how amazed they were about how much I get done. This is so funny to me as I really feel like a slug when I see all the fabulous progress happening out there.

 Are you a list maker? I believe most quilters are. I have noticed lately how often fellow bloggers mention crossing things off the “to do” list. “Done and dusted” is a phrase I hear a lot. It does feel good to get a UFO into the finished pile.

These are my rail fence blocks in Katy’s (KatyQuilts) “Two and Four QAL”. Next step – piece all the rows together. Will I be able to finish the next step this week? I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! 


 I’m also steaming along on my “Bird’s Nest Soup” potholder quilt. I initially chose this fabulous bird print for my center block. 


 But, it just wasn’t right somehow so I ditched it for a fabulous Di Ford parrot. I decided it was more prudent to cut a whole new background piece rather than take these wee stitches out.

My time is more valuable than fabric. (Did I really just say that?) I’m now auditioning fabric for the final border even though I still have 18 blocks to finish first. 

 This “Summer applique” project has now moved into the, “hope I can finish it before the New Year” category!

12 comments:

  1. Your "rejected" center block will find it's way into another lovely project, I'm sure. It is a beautiful bird block.
    But your new one is perfect for your birds nest soup. I still find it hard to believe that I actually saw this project in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new appliqué quilt is looking fabulous and I like the Di Ford parrot for the center - more colorful is better. Enjoy the process and don't stress yourself with a deadline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new appliqué quilt is looking fabulous and I like the Di Ford parrot for the center - more colorful is better. Enjoy the process and don't stress yourself with a deadline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new appliqué quilt is looking fabulous and I like the Di Ford parrot for the center - more colorful is better. Enjoy the process and don't stress yourself with a deadline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo your bird's nest soup is looking amazing. YES our time is valuable for sure. I am frugal with fabric.... to a point. I like your ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I've been cutting fabric for the Two and Four QAL for the past two days; no sewing yet, just cutting. Can't wait for more updates on Bird's Nest Soup - love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with the birdy quilt. It is so lovely and the bird theme touches my heart.
    Masterpieces take time~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the whole idea of making a Two and Four quilt and look forward to your progress! Your Summer Applique project is fantastic. It's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your projects! Good for you for realizing your time is so valuable, you might be able to use that applique piece in another quilt! The Two and four quilt along looks awesome, I like the fabrics you chose! Have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha I may not be the slowest quilter on earth, but I’m certainly in the running. You definitely quilt circles around me. However I believe Katy takes the prize for getting the most done - sometimes I think she must have a body double! (Can you use your rejected bird block in a mini? )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love your applique project in the works! I was just looking at something similar the other day on Pinterest! I am most definitely a list maker and it always feels awesome to cross something off the list. Then the cycle repeats because of course I'm going to just keep on a making!:)

    ReplyDelete