Thursday, September 14, 2023

Scrappy Star and Fabulous Gladi Porche presentation

 I know this will come as no surprise, but I have decided to finish the Scrappy Star Sew Along with Taryn Falkner (Reproquiltlover) in the potholder method. 😏

Here are the first 3 blocks quilted and bound. I decided on this peachy print for the alternate blocks as I have very few solids in my collection and it seemed the next best thing. 

 
 
The backs are cut from my extensive collection of chintzes. 
 

Last weekend I had the great pleasure of seeing my friend Gladi (Gladi'sQuilts) at our state meeting in Augusta, Maine. I had seen many of Gladi's quilts over the years, but I was still blown away by her collection and her pleasing way of describing her process and her passion. She is truly remarkable! Thanks Gladi!!

 






5 comments:

  1. Lucky you getting to see Gladi's quilts up close and personal! She really does a wonderful job--so creative and interesting! And your star blocks are coming along very well. The potholder method is very you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried a couple of times to comment and they keep disappearing. If they are showing up on your end of things, you can choose which you want to post.
    I am so excited about your unexpected color for bindings and alternate squares. And those backings are luscious!
    I'll bet Gladi's trunk show was incredible. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall to observe it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your potholder blocks are always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to see and hear about Gladi's quilts!

    ReplyDelete