Monday, September 4, 2023

Scrappy Star Sew-a-long

 Yup! I've been drawn into another sew-a-long. I had no choice really. It is hosted by Taryn (Repro Quilt Lover) and it is from an antique crib quilt formerly in the collection of my friend Judy (Roche) and, it is made up of 20 of the cutest and scrappiest Ohio Star blocks so...

I am going to try to be true to the colors in the actual blocks as we go along. It is a bit difficult from a photo on a monitor screen, but it is loads of fun and I like the result thus far. 

Block #1
 

Block #2

I am toying with the idea of making it into a potholder quilt. 😏 Stay tuned.

9 comments:

  1. oooh that is a terrific sew along...maybe i can join in when return to the stash...will check it out...pretty sure i've got enough variety...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH so wonderful!! Will love seeing your progress on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little blocks! I'm sewing along too, but as I don't have fabrics anywhere similar, I'm doing my own thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what fun Wendy! Your blocks are wonderful! Right up my alley and I'm so tempted to join in but . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if you were going to make these blocks potholder style. I'm late to the party, but I think this weekend I might have some time to start

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a sweet little sewalong! I'm heading out of the country soon and do not need a new project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see your blocks in real life. VERY tempting to join the fun, but trying so hard to resist here!!
    Are you really considering doing this in potholder style? Wow, that comes as a total shock (NOT)!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll just say it is all your fault I'm making these and all I can say is: Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete