Saturday, August 26, 2023

Stash Hash potholder quilt update

 I finished this outer border of my latest "pot luck" potholder quilt some weeks ago so I guess it is time to post an update. I have had so much fun digging through odd blocks and piecing then together. This is the second potholder quilt I have made in "strips" as opposed to block by block. I learned a lot more this time and am really looking forward to the next one. In fact, I have already started another potholder with the "leftovers" from this one. I think I should name them all "Sourdough" as they just keep going and going! 

Front
 

back 
 

We've had the wettest summer in recent history which has allowed for lots of indoor stitching. Now if I could just open my laptop once in a while to post all my progress... 

Hope you have had great quilting time too!



8 comments:

  1. This is simply amazing Wendy! I love the back as much as the front. Sourdough - the gift that keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great and the back is so interesting too. I might be interested in doing one with your strip method, less corners. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun study, Wendy. I recognize some of the blocks and the projects for which they were made--especially that center block, and the little uneven 9-patch blocks. And your cheater cloth backgrounds are always a treat.
    Oh, my goodness, I just went on a deep dive to clean up the sewing room, and I think I only found 4 orphan blocks. I could never make a glorious Stash Hash quilt like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is amazing--front and back! Love the way you put your orphan blocks together. Do you ever run out of blocks?? We've had a rainy summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! the back is as good as the front. I can't wait to see this in person again. It is so fun to study all the different blocks.
    Hats off to you - potholder Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowza! that is one gorgeous quilt, front AND back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to give this strip method a try ..... great way to use up all those extra blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible! The back is about as beautiful as the front! Your blocks are like scraps- they multiply when we sleep!

    ReplyDelete