Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Thank you Cyndi

 While visiting my friend Cyndi (The Busy Thimble) a few weeks ago, I spied this beautiful appliqued block on her table. "how is it that I have never seen this one before?", I asked. She said, "They were not really my colors, in fact they are more like yours, here, take it". After I picked my jaw back up from the floor, I thanked her profusely and took it home.

I bought the border fabric at Cyndi's shop about 20 years ago and have been trying to find the right quilt to use it in ever since. Voila! 


I'm still trying to figure out the "big stitch". I think I am getting better - the border stitches are twice the size of my regular quilting (in the center), but I know they should be larger still. Will keep trying! 


The colors are reminiscent of 1850's Lancaster, PA, but it looks great in my 1950's decorated kitchen! 


Thanks Cyndi!!

8 comments:

  1. indeed it does....very nice...from one expert stitcher to another....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely delightful, Wendy! Cyndi made such a pretty block, even though it isn't in her colors, and you have framed it well. An unplanned collaboration from two talented quilters. It does look good in your fun kitchen, 50s kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I've said before, you've got the best stash!! That border fabric is perfect. What a charming little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your border fabric is outstanding, so perfect for that gorgeous applique block. Love this little gem in its new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift from Cyndi! And the border fabric is perfect for this gem. My big stitch wasn't all that big either :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure : )
    So pretty and it looks great in your kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my how lucky are you........enjoy that little beauty...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finished Cyndi's block perfectly. Your quilting looks beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete