Monday, June 13, 2016

Sweet Retreat!

The Seven Sisters were only five at this year’s retreat, but we somehow managed to have a good time anyway! We also had a change in venue this year because of the conflicting schedules, but again, we managed quite nicely in our new surroundings. In fact, the facility, “The Dominican Sisters Retreat House” in Litchfield, Maine met our needs quite nicely.


The view was fantastic. There was plenty of room for us to spread out and we each had our own room (so no late night chatting after lights out!).

We started out at our annual pot luck dinner on Thursday night. Kathy revealed a little surprise she had been working on. Can you believe this?! What a hoot. She took our pictures at last year’s retreat and made us into paperdolls. She is so talented! Needless to say, it was a big hit!


As for my “list”: I started each day with my Quilty 365 circle.

I finished the binding on my SVBAQ Sunflower block before I left that morning, I managed to get quite a bit done on my mini repro for the show and I quilted and bound the center for my Gwennie Medallion Round Robin. (I’m making it in the potholder method so I needed to finish this part before I go on the next round).


We revealed our annual challenge - mini 4-patch quilts that we all decided we would donate to our annual auction to benefit domestic violence prevention.

Kathy had made us all a super mat to put under our machines and hold our essential tools, unfortunately I did not get a picture of them. In fact, I took only two pictures! These are all Tina's pictures which is why she is absent from all of them! Charlotte made us cute little mouse pin cushions from a pattern that she and Tina bought when they were in Germany. So cute!


We had a wonderful visit to the Busy Thimble quilt shop for some retail therapy and then Cyndi stopped by after she closed to the shop for a nice visit. It was warm enough to sit outside for a little stitching. I worked a bit on putting my Stars in a Time Warp blocks together – drawing a crowd!


 These hexies weren’t even on my list, but I worked on them for a bit outside.


Of course there is never enough food at our retreats. Charlotte had even brought champagne for Saturday breakfast! I don’t know how we managed to work after that!
 



Lots of fun with super friends! We all missed the Karen’s but we are looking forward to next year with a full house!

12 comments:

  1. Such a great retreat, thanks for sharing all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks perfect! Love the peek at your hand quilting progress on the mini, and the potholder vase is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what fun! Your basket medallion looks really good.
    And Kathy's banner is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. warm enough to sit outside???? it was 82 yesterday morning at 8 am here in maryland...love the hexies and the mouse pincushions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun. Sewing and laughing is the perfect way to enjoy your special friendships. The paper dolls are wonderful. I can almost hear you all laughing when you saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you all had a fabulous time at your Quilt Retreat! Such fun to see all those wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Wendy !! It's like Heaven !
    I'm very happy for you !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so much fun to share your love of quilting with friends. It doesn't get much better than that! Are you making your Stars quilt potholder style, too? I can't wait to see your striped quilt repro. That vine looks sumptuous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! Looks like you gals had a super time. What a fun group.
    What a nice idea to donate your challenge quilts.
    champagne, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The paper doll quilt is oh so creative. Have you ever seen the paper doll quilt that was made for Phyllis George (former governor's wife of Kentucky)? I saw it up close at a quilt show one time. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an absolute blast! The paper dolls are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete