Month #8 in the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt sew-a-long. I can’t believe I have stuck with this for 8 whole months! Except for my choice of background fabrics, I have tried to follow the patterns and fabrics that Esther used in the original quilt. That went out the window with this one. I took a lot of liberties with this one and I had a great time making it. I now feel like I can relax and make them all my own and still pay homage to Esther! I have not put the bow on this one yet and I am still debating as to whether I will or not.
I went crazy and used a Di Ford pillar print for the vase. I just couldn't make the plaid fabric work for me and I love Di's fabric (from Busy Thimble).
Since I am doing this in the potholder method, I have tried to get each block quilted and bound by the end of each month. So far so good, but as you can see this one is still “naked”. Hope to quilt it this weekend! Check out all the progress at The Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt blog (here). Enjoy!