Dear Sweet Cecile nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award”. I am truly honored. I’m still relatively new to the blog world and had not heard of this award before.
The rules are as follows:
First of all, I would like to nominate every one of “my favorites” on the sidebar of my blog. I truly enjoy reading every one of them. I will stick to the rules and only nominate 15, but I am going to break the rules (as usual) by telling all of you who I nominate to not feel pressured into accepting the challenge.
The rules seem simple enough, but it may be too much for those whose plate is full already. I do not wish to add to anyone’s burden at any time of year, but for some people (like me) summer is particularly busy.
Thank you Cecile for thinking of me!
The rules are listed above
The photo is above
Seven facts about me:
1) I am very fortunate to have a wonderful family. A delightful and very funny husband of 38 years, a son and wonderful daughter in law and a superb grandson, and a beautiful daughter and son in law. Wow!
2) I made my first quilt when I was 9 years old (51 years ago!) under the gentle guidance of my 83 year old neighbor and I just never stopped.
3) Everyone who reads my blog knows that quilting is my passion, but I also love hiking, sailing and riding (although I rarely ride any more). I taught therapeutic horseback riding for 10 years and I truly miss it now
4) I work in a marina/boatyard, which is why winter is my favorite season! I work full time, year round and I have to say it is prettier here in the snow.
5) I used to love gardening. Now I get much more satisfaction from watching the beautiful weeds pop up in my yard while I am quilting on the porch.
6) I love nature and spend as much time outside as I can.
7) I feel truly blessed to have genuinely wonderful friends.
And here are my 15 nominations (also please note that some have already told me that they are too busy, or I have seen that Cecile has already nominated them, so I have left them off the list)
They are in no particular order except that I am starting with Lori, because she was one of the first people to encourage me to start my blog.
I love all of the above and so many more. You all deserve the “One Lovely Blog Award”!