Monday, March 26, 2018

Foothills Finish - Gooseberry Pie


I finished my Foothills sew-a-longwith Mary Elizabeth Kinch over the weekend. I love everything about this quilt. I love the pattern, the colors, the potholder method, the name I gave it, the camaraderie of doing this with other quilters and most of all I love the fact that my husband really loves it!

Don’t get me wrong, he is always giving me kind and encouraging comments about my work, but when I finished this one I laid it out on the couch overnight. The next morning he said, boy I really love that quilt you finished last night. So, I was going to donate this to next year’s AQSG auction, but I might have to keep it and find another one to give away!

The Kansas Troubles "Gooseberry Lane" layer cake worked out perfectly for the backing squares. I was a bit nervous as I always pre-wash my fabrics, but when it was finished washed it with great care and 8 color catchers and nothing ran!
Do take a minute to visit the Facebook page (here) to see all the variety. You won’t be disappointed. There are so many fabulous fabrics in different colorways. Fun!

19 comments:

  1. This is so pretty - or handsome may be the better word! Another beautiful finish - you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt too - I would keep it seeing as he seems to like it so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooseberry Pie is definitely a keeper. I hope that you will enter it in the next Maine Quilts because it is sure to win prizes. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the patten in this quilt and I agree great colours.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. it IS a keeper wendy...very nice, another prize winner for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is as wonderful as the original. I totally understand why your hubby was taken with it.
    And I cannot believe how quickly you have this pieced, quilted and bound. Blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have truly enjoyed working on this quilt. It went together as fast as a gaggle of geese looking for a pie. The colors are wonderful. I can see why your husband says it's a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so wonderful! Is the sashing narrower than the original? I'm not sure I'll get more than one block made! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just checked out the Foothill QAL and the pattern is perfect for your potholder method. One day, I'll going to try it and I'll have you to thank. The quilt is lovely and the fabric selection is wonderful--this would be a great pattern for the Civil War stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this pattern and your finished quilt ! I started late, only 3 rows on 5 made, but I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is just beautiful, very interesting too. I was tempted at the beginning to join along, but didn't as I m making baby clothes, quilts & knitted sweaters for my niece's new baby. However, when done I'm starting it! Over Christmas I finished a wall quilt in the potholder style, thanks to your lovely quilts and good instructions. It was so enjoyable to hand sew every day, and the process produces great satisfaction. I'm going to sneak some time today and plan the quilt!! Thanks for sharing your love for the potholder method.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why your husband likes this quilt so much. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Finish and I do hope you keep it for hubby. It is a very graphic and masculine quilt to me so I'm not surprised he loves it.
    It is fun to see the quilts on FB.
    How in the world do you finish these quilts so FAST you are a wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful finish! I love everything about this quilt, too :) You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything about this quilt from the fabric to the scale and the quilting. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous finish Wendy !! I love all the colors in this quilt but...how do you do to go so fast ? Oh la la... Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your version, the smaller sashings are beautiful. I see the same on the back, how on earth did you manage to match the sashings up from the front and the back? Looks like a potholder quilt this way, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see why your husband likes this quilt so much. Congratulations.
    สล็อต ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete