Wednesday, September 5, 2018

I did it for you!


As much as I have enjoyed working on my Noah and Matilda sew-a-long, I realize my readers must be getting tired of watching my snail’s pace progress. I just know that you are all longing for me to start something. Because I care about all my blogging friends, I have decided to take your advice and start a new applique sew-a-long!

Once again, I will be making my journey with the amazingly talented (and productive), Dawn of Collector witha Needle. She reeled me in with her amazing reproduction of her Mary Witherwax quilt. I waited 3 whole days before caving in. I highly recommend any of their patterns but, Dawn’s daughter has outdone herself this time. These little gems are beautifully done and, they come with history too!

I’d like to invite all of you to join in the fun! You can order your patterns (here). Before you say “I can’t possibly take on one more project”, think about taking it one bite at a time. I may even do a number of smaller quilts to begin with. Dawn has an excellent example (here). And, there is even more inspiration on the Facebook page.

When you order the patterns, you will be invited to join the Facebook group. Facebook is often frustrating for me, but Dawn makes it easy to follow and very welcoming! Hope to see you there! 

Oh yes, here are my latest Noah and Matilda blocks: 


I love how this one came out even though I cheated changed the shape of the flowers to circles. I just let the fabric do the work for me!
Thanks for sticking with me!!
 

8 comments:

  1. I don't get tired of seeing the blocks you make - they are lovely! My progress on projects is terribly slow too. I'm sorely tempted by Dawn's new pattern - it does look wonderful - you're not helping :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, we all know you did it because you LOVE these projects ... and we love seeing your results. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy. A new project. I've been tempted, but have to show restraint, at least for awhile. I'll enjoy see what approach you take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Wendy, glad to have you join the fun group. Looking forward to seeing what creative take you come up,with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed seeing your Noah and Matilda blocks and have not thought your pace was slow. But I am also glad you caved in and are starting the new Witherwax patterns (because I also caved....took me about five minutes instead of three days).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine getting tired of seeing any of the quilts you have in the works. They are each so beautiful, and always so well made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of seeing your N & M blocks. Wow! That's an ambitious new project! All those berries in the vine border--I'll be thinking of you--have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. have fun with the new project! it is right up your alley for sure!
    Love your little whig block - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete