Friday, February 21, 2020

Cassandra's Circle Block #1


I enjoyed Barbara Brackman’s (Civil War Quilts), “Hospital Sketches” so much last year that I have decided to participate again. This year’s applique sew-a-long is called Cassandra’s Circle.

My Hospital Sketches background was a beautiful, albeit unusual, shade of green. I thought perhaps I would go softer with this one and started auditioning fabrics. I narrowed it down to these three. 


And then of course ended up with this one.

You just can’t change a leopard’s spots.   

 
Do visit the Facebook page (here) to see all the variations. I am definitely not the only crazy person out there. There are so many creative people in the world!


18 comments:

  1. I don't know what that block is called but I love it. That red background with the bright colors is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red background. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a subtle background!! LOLOL! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy! We really like the brighter colors you selected. This "Washington's Plume" block has pretty scalloped edges, and the brighter colors really help them "pop". What a lovely pattern! Best regards, from Marina and Daryl Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to see how subtle your work can be. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha! It is so "you", Wendy. No surprise here. I was more surprised when I actually thought you were going to use one of the subtle backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I forgot : your block is 18" too ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so funny how we can have a vision that goes a completely different direction! Your block is fantastic and is going to make a wonderful center for the rest of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your block, I just finished mine today

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you are participating in Barbara's SAL and look forward to seeing your blocks. The red background is so you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Red is so good as a back ground. Jill R used to joke that it was her favorite neutral.
    It was fun to visit the FB page. Wish I could join, but must keep my head down and on task.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! LOVE your take on Washington's Plume!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go for it, Girl! Those fabrics are so you.....nice and bright but still in the repro family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you totally made me laugh. Your red background fabric is a fabulous choice though. Perfection.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a striking block and very "you" - I love red!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful and I do want to follow along with one of BB's quiltalongs. I still have the 1857 quilt (Not BB's but applique BOM) that I want to make progress on before I start another similar quilt. Love your bright, bold colors!

    ReplyDelete