This is the final reveal of the Log Cabin sew-a-long with Cecile (Patchwork Inspirations) and Bea (A Needle in a Haystack) .
I finished mine in the potholder style. This is the first potholder quilt I have made entirely by machine. I’m not 100% happy with the outcome, but I’m pretty sure the veteran who receives it will find comfort in it.
Here are a few photos of how I made my mitered corners. I trim the backing to 1" around the finished block. I pin it into place and then I cut out a section out of each corner.
Fold in the corner to for the miter.
Then just stitch around the edge.
The front turned out o.k. with most of the blocks lining up.
The back was a bit tricky, but as it too looks fine from 100 feet away!
It was a quick way of getting a quilt done and I just might try to perfect my method. I try to get at least one veteran's quilt top done each month. I usually take them in to one of my group members for machine quilting. This time I felt happy that I didn't have to burden anyone with another top!
I worked on this top last night.
As you can see in the second photo, it has been a while since I spent any time at my machine. I hadn't changed the calendar since January!