Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sapphire Stars

I’m not sure how it happened, but I took on yet another sew-a-long project for the summer. I joined in on my very first mystery quilt adventure. For years I have watched my friends participating in these mystery quilt projects. I just didn’t see the allure until Kevin of Kevin The Quilter in his whimsical way, just made it sounds so enticing.

So, here is my first part. Forty eight units done and waiting for the next clue. Woohoo! 

Kevin’s instructions said to draw a line down the center and stitch on the line. But, being the lazy time efficient person that I am, I just used my little vintage ruler as a guide as I stitched along. The metal ruler has a little camber in it so it makes it easy to keep in place. 


Do check out Kevin’s blog (here) to see all the progress. Fun, fun, fun!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, what I want to know is why have I not heard the word "camber" before? Had to look it up. *LOL* I learn so much from your blog--in so many ways.
    Kevin's SAL does sound fun, I admit, but since I have failed to follow through on the other three SALs that I thought I was doing , I figured I had to face the fact that there just isn't time this year. I will enjoy seeing what you create with his instructions, and pretend I made something just as pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the dark side of mystery quilts. I'm always a couple months behind when I participate in a mystery, which takes some of the uncertainty out of the situation. I guess I like to know where I'm heading. Your first parts look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Kevin mystery products!!! I'm also going to do it; I likewise did not draw a line. I eyeball it!! That's probably why my work is so irregular!! VBG

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, I am just stitching down the binding of a Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt, Carolina Christmas, from years ago........have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what comes next in the mystery quilt adventure. Great fabrics you are using! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin will be so please that you're joining in.
    I'll enjoy watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete