Monday, March 22, 2021

"Full Circle" Finis!

 My “curves” theme quilt-a-long with Cecile and Corinne is finished. 


 The border gave me a few fits in the corners, but I was eventually able to fudge those curves enough so that from a distance they don’t look half bad! 


I underestimated the backing width by ¼” (yes 1 quarter inch!) and so had to improvise. 

This close up shows the true colors of the backing. Merchants Wife from Terry Clothier Thompson. 

 I contemplated using Barb’s Baptist Fan stencil (order one here) which would have fit the “curves” theme nicely. However, I really wanted those happy circles to “pop”, so I hand quilted around each one with smaller circles at the intersections. In the end, I decided to just “pop” the border circles too along with the serpentine curve. It’s a soft, squishy quilt and I love it.

 And, some great news. When I submitted the 20 quilts for my New England Quilt Museum exhibit, this quilt was still in the planning stage. When I finished it, I truly wished I had been able to display it with the others. First, because I adore it and second because it contains some of my favorite “Pilgrim Roy” neon fabrics. Gerald Roy has graciously loaned quilts (Yellow and Orange) from the Pilgrim Roy collection that will be at the museum at the same time as mine. So, when Pam (Pamela Weeks, Curator, NEQM) asked me on Friday if I might have one more quilt available for a space less than 50”, I was elated! I popped it in the mail today and it will be there waiting for me when I finally make the trip down.

Thank you, Cecile and Corinne for another wonderful and really fun sew-a-long challenge. Please visit Cecile’s Blog (here) and their FB page (here) for some delightful eye candy.

I'm linking up with Judy (Small Quilts and Doll Quilts) Monday design wall. Click on the link to see all the great Monday projects.


 

22 comments:

  1. gosh wendy...kismet! very sure it's a fantastic exhibit...plus the roy collection too...went to exhibit of his antique crib quilts in NH before i moved...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delightful news. You couldn't have planned it better if you'd tried. That backing from Merchant's wife is so pretty. I have a piece from that line but it is a different one. I really love the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your quilt! I'm working on a circle quilt too but it's poodle themed. How do you keep your hands from aching? Do you use a wrist guard? I just love the border on this! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had to wear a wrist protector in years past, but knock on wood, they are both fine right now.

      Delete
  4. Another beautiful quilt - can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, it was supposed to happen! This is a wonderful creation, Wendy. You always leave me in awe. Those corners look great from here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. A wonderful quilt and how perfect that it will be displayed so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, and I love the blue backing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish and so good it can go on display too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you really out did yourself on this challenge and hurray that it will be included in your NEQM show! I think the way you quilted it really achieved what you wanted with making the circles pop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this quilt! It's so bright and cheery and makes me smile. The way you quilted those circles really makes them pop. So glad it will be included in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is the perfect addition to your display at the show! It definitely needed to be included. I live when food things happen serendipitously. Those neon prints and the yellow border just radiate excitement and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think those corners look fudged at all! It's so awesome that you were able to add the quilt to your exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! The applique border really brings it up a level in my humble opinion. Course, I could be a little bit biased? lol And so wonderful that it gets to be on display too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You come up with some of the best ideas for your quilts and make wonderful use of your reproduction fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful finish and great fabric catalog! The yellow border is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous finish. Your quilting sets off your circles just perfectly. This quilt is so so wonderful and I can't wait to see it in person.
    Thanks for the link to my stencil tutorial.
    btw your corners look perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is absolutely terrific !!
    I would have liked to see it in person at the museum !!
    Thank you for the link to my blog dear Wendy !
    Huge hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful Wendy! I so wish I could get to the NEQM and see your exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad this quilt can be in the exhibit. It was meant to be. The circle quilting is just right for the circles in the quilt, and I can't see anything wrong with the border....if you hadn't said anything, none of us would know. It looks perfect. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. SQUEEL! I'm so happy your quilt was ready to go adn they needed one more! It is meant to be!
    It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so fun! Congratulations on finishing it and having it in the show!

    ReplyDelete