Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Jelly Rolling with Ladies Legacy

 

After seeing the pattern that Barbara Brackman posted (here) for her Ladies Legacy line, I quickly ordered a jelly roll. I commented on her site that I had never used a jelly roll before, but was looking forward to making this one. The fabric isn’t due to arrive in stores for a few more weeks (she joked that the entire shipment was stuck aboard the “Evergreen” in the Suez Canal). So, knowing what an impatient person I am, she sent me one! It arrived last week and I spent the weekend playing.

 First up were the blocks from Barbara’s pattern. These 12” blocks made up very quickly. I thought about waiting for my preordered roll to come and making this larger but, at this stage, it was the perfect dimension for a quilt for the infusion center (36” x 48”) so I’m calling this top finished. 


 There was so much fabric left over, I chopped up some 2 ½” squares and made this pile of 4-patches. 


I used all the red and brown squares for this little top. 

 And, the pink and blue 4-patches made their way into this one. I adore this border fabric. It is an older Jo Morton from Andover which was inspired by a quilt from the International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, NE. 


 Apparently, you can squeeze a lot of jelly out of one little roll. After 3 quilt tops there were still leftovers!


Hmm…

16 comments:

  1. Very cool to get your jelly roll right from the source. :)
    Wow--three quilt tops AND leftovers? Your log cabin blocks look very cozy and will make a great lap quilt for someone trying to stay warm.
    And now you have a choice of two sweet little creations that could be your monthly mini! Four-patches are so versatile, aren't they? Lovely work, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuendy maravillosos los tres edredones. no es posible tener un favorito todos son preciosos.
    Cuídate

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have transformed your first jelly roll into 3 wonderful quilts. Who knew how much jelly you could squeeze out. You've been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Very impressive! Love your projects. Can’t wait to get my jelly roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Wendy! I have my eye on that fabric line too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made the most of of a jelly roll. It is amazing how little we use of fabrics sometimes. I have always bought at least 2 or 3 yards for stash and find out that I could make 10 quilts with them. Have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful fabrics and you have used them so so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The red and brown little quilt is my favorite of the bunch. You did good getting so many little quilts from one jelly roll. I don't purchase jelly rolls as I never know what to do with them...at least what appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love All the quilts you made from the one jelly roll! And still leftovers for later! Can't wait to get her new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet is that! I've only attempted a jelly roll effort once before. Not my preference for sewing as it seems to be a bit inaccurate in the cutting, but everything goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really got every last drop out of that jelly roll!
    What a sweet group of quilts! they are so nice and I think four patches make the best doll quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbara's pattern caught my eye, too. How nice of her to send you that jelly roll. You sure made good use of it. So many wonderful quilts. You're ahead of the game for monthly minis :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! I've been waiting impatiently for this fabric line to finally make its appearance - now I've got lots of inspiration for it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You squeezed a lot out of that jelly roll, with seeds for another quilt left over!

    ReplyDelete