Tuesday, January 3, 2023

New Year - New Project

 Happy New Year to all! How do we start an entirely new year? With a new project of course!


I wanted something I could pick up for a few minutes each day. I've always wanted to make a tiny basket quilt but the thought of making one of these little guys (3" finished) every day was a bit overwhelming.

How about a tiny star? Hmm, I've already made quite a few tiny star quilts, and I really wanted just a bit of applique each morning. How about circles? I had such fun doing a circle a day with Audrey (Quilty Folk) back in 2016. Then it dawned on me that I already had 365 circles cut out!!

I had cut the circles out of the back of my "Crop Circles" quilt and placed them in a vintage tin for a future project. So Here we are - my 2023 daily project.

Once hand appliqued circle a day. Thanks for the idea Audrey! I may have to find a different tin, they are a bit small for the one I used for my Quilty 365 blocks. 

I am also starting a house quilt in this year's sew-a-long with Cecile and Corinne. You can join in before the deadline of January 20 on their FB page  Corinne et Cécile Quilt Along ! | Facebook  Their sew-a-longs are always so much fun. The creativity is endless. I am still in the planning stage, but two things are for sure. I will be using vintage feedsacks and I will be doing it in the potholder method. I'm choosing backgrounds from this pile of vintage feedsack pieces.


Let the fun begin!

17 comments:

  1. I love your circle project! Can't wait to see the progress on the house quilt as well! It reminds me I have some appliqued circles I need to use up this year. By the way, I love your December Mini and am glad you will at least continue to make them. Sewing what you want when you want is more important to me as I get older. Sending hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a no pressure year is what we all need! Have fun with your circles!

      Delete
  2. At least your quilting is well rounded....arrghh bad pun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The circles are a perfect "new" project! I'm joining in the 2023 House quiltalong as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! I look forward to watching your house project grow!

      Delete
  4. Tiny daily circles looks like a positive way to begin the day. Love the little round suitcase for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Projects for a Happy New Year!
    I love your idea for the House QAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see all your gems! Your houses are the best!

      Delete
  6. It's so nice to see these project starts - yours are always so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start is the operative word LOL! No worries, I am having fun with all my starts and if someone has to finish them in another century, so be it! Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  7. Circle quilts are one of my favourites and they are so easy to do. Have fun doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I 've been wanting to do the 365 circles so I am going to give it a try. Have some cut out already from last year's attempt. Thanks for the prompt😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great projects for 2023 and a wonderful way to start the New Year!

    ReplyDelete