Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Animal quiltalong - finis!

 This year's theme for Corinne and Cecile's sew-a-long was "animals". I have been oh so bad about posting my progress but ever so happy with the final results. Made in my favorite "potholder" method, these little wooly animals were a joy to make. 


And, now I can reveal the back. I used an alphabet panel to spell out the what the quilt was made for.


I had to buy 4 panels (they were on sale at Alewives Fabrics in Nobleboro, Maine) to get my message across. Now I have to figure out what to make with the remaining letters!

Do check out Corinne and Cecile's Quit-a-long Facebook. There are some very clever animal quilts, from birds to ants!! 

Have a super day!

8 comments:

  1. that is awesome wendy! i love it....very nice execution of the theme...now gotta get mine basted and quilted when i get back to MD...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. So creative and unique.
    Rondi
    rondiquilts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow and WOW! Love the animals you made and love the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun animal SAL! It so bright and cheery! Love what did on the back. You are definitely on a roll! I tried leaving a comment on your previous post but couldn't. Great fix on the upper left "blob." And I love how you used that Kaffe fabric :) Happy Spring, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so charming and you really went the extra mile with your backing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the quilt but the backing is so creative! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! I missed this posting. It turned out so charming. and back? Brilliant. Your are so clever and never fail to surprise me. Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this quilt is adorable! Love what you did with the back.

    ReplyDelete