Monday, August 20, 2018

April mini - By George!

No, you didn’t misread the title. I was taking inventory of my monthly minis and realized that because I cheated by counting my (Humble Quilts) doll quilt swap as my April mini, I would only have 11 quilts to show for at the end of the year. Since I have had such a leisurely summer (stop laughing), I thought I would make two in August. After all, April and August both start with “A” so it was the logical thing to do. By now you have realized that this summer’s heat wave has gone to my head.

Last week I received a lovely package from the very generous friend. I have followed all of Barbara’s blogs over the years, but her new blog (Chintz Panels in Quilts) is making me crazy! I want someone to reproduce every panel she posts. They are to die for!

Grab a cool drink and visit Barbara’s current blogs:

In the squishy package were two gorgeous reproduction chintz panels (more on those later) and this little medallion of “George”. 


It was the perfect item needed to fill my April obligation. I love medallion quilts and I figured George needed to be the center of attention so, I gathered a few early (pre 1840) reproduction scraps and “By George” was born! Thanks Barbara!


I am so overrun with scraps right now that I decided to join the “Squirrel Club” (see the button on my sidebar). Visit Julie’s (Quilt Diva) blog post (here) to see what it’s all about. I promised myself I wouldn’t join one more thing this summer, but this one has NO rules and NO deadlines. How can you go wrong? Take a look and join in the fun!


Have a scraptastic day!

11 comments:

  1. I love this little quilt!! Great color combination. I've been looking for medallion prints, but no luck so far. It seems most new repro fabrics are ditsy type prints, I suppose that's what ppl want. I'm hoping for earlier type repro prints.
    I saw your cheddar applique quilts in blogs this weekend. Congratulations!! It is a stunning quilt, and the back is an added surprise! IdI love to see your stash.....it must be amazing.



    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your little George Quilts idea! I have some of those George panels around here somewhere.....but I needed your inspiration for them! Bring them All for show & tell next time or maybe to Judy's next quilt study group meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt, especially the fabrics in the borders and cornerstones. You must have an entire wall (or more?) of mini quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your April mini in August! It's a wonderful medallion of George! So nice of Barbara to send you a little package :) Looking forward to what you make as a member of the Squirrel Club. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I may even have that George panel. Lovely fabrics you found to use with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By George, You did it!! April's quilt is a wonderful medallion, but of course, you could use it in February too. I'm going to be one short for the year. I might have to squeeze in one more this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just couldn't do it, could you, Wendy? LOL You couldn't double up and let Lori's doll swap also serve as your monthly mini. :) Talk about over achiever! I think most of my monthly minis have been something I was making for a swap or some other purpose. Such a slacker here.
    Absolutely love what you have done with George!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your by George! would love to have that little medallion in my collection to make a fun mini too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have a little bit of the George W. fabric.
    I like your reasoning for the mini being done in August. My kind of friend! And especially since you are joining in on another sew-along kind of thing when you said you wouldn't. We can change our minds, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your GW mini - I also love that fabric, okay all Presidential fabric to be honest. Have fun with the squirrel group.

    ReplyDelete