Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A Heaping Spoonful


After all my blathering about how huge this quilt was going to be, I have come up with a plan that I think hope will make it a manageable size. This is my fifth and final layout. I am delighted to say that I have reached maximum capacity at 80 blocks (sixty four 10” and sixteen 5”) for an overall size of 85” x 85”. This means that 79 of my fellow quilters will have a part in this wacky quilt. It has been a wonderful way to connect with fellow quilters in this time of uncertainty.

Recent finishes:

Amy Aycock, Alexandria, Virginia. Amy said: “I love the color and basket pattern but decided to make my quilt from smaller blocks, so this one became an orphan.” How fortunate for me! Thanks Amy, I love the color and pattern too! 
  
Deborah Juster, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Deborah has a daughter living in Maine so hopefully we may meet in person one day. I love this orphan with the special corner blocks reminding us that what we all need is “peace”. Her label rings true for us all. Thanks Deborah! 

Sandy Helin, Watsonville, California. (My Material Creations). Sandy shares my love for mini quilts and for antique fabrics. She generously sent some delicious antique indigo fabrics for a little mini challenge with Janet (Rogue Quilter). You can see the outcome (here). Sandy called this a “Frankenstein” block and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I adore this block. The fabrics are simply gorgeous. I debated whether to cut this down for a 5” block but couldn’t bring myself to lose any of that fabric. Love that circular label too. Thanks Sandy! 

Susan McDermott, Warren, NJ. When I opened Susan’s package and started reading the lovely enclosed letter, it brought me to tears. She had included a block from her dear friend Jill Reid who passed away in 2014. Susan assisted Jill’s husband in cleaning out and distributing Jill’s stash and unfinished projects. This was the last block remaining. I had heard so many wonderful things about Jill over the years from other blogging friends. She was a true kindred spirit and I am so very grateful to Susan for sending Jill’s block. 

Susan’s block is made up of squares she used in a Leaders & Enders project for many years. She is going to make a quarantine quilt of her own utilizing these blocks in the potholder method. I had to add a bit of a border to make it 10”. This is my kind of block. Thanks for the fabulous labels too Susan! 

And this is Jill’s – I had to cut off Jill’s perfect points a bit to fit into the 10” format, but I know she is smiling down on me saying “you go girl!”. 

Sharon Messmore, Naples, Florida. Sharon says: “Finally have a resting place for this block. It was sewn as the beginning of a block of the month Christmas quilt a few years ago. The first 2 blocks were cute, but the succeeding blocks were ugly. It went to the orphanage.” Thanks Sharon, I am happy that it made its way here! It was a long vertical block and I had to cut the star part off and reattach to make it a 10” block. It worked perfectly. And, I love how the Dear Jane repro fabric on the back looks like Christmas trees. 

Cyndi Woodhead, Baldwin City, Kansas. Cyndi says, “For the last 4 years I have been designing a queen size hexi quilt. This block is a reject idea, but it was the perfect size to send to you. Hope you enjoy the process of combining all of these random blocks.” Yes, Cyndi this is the perfect block and I am truly enjoying this process. Thanks a million! 


Next course coming right up!


18 comments:

  1. uh oh...was i supposed to finish my block? if so i didn't realize...so just toss it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The menu gets more delicious each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blocks and backs. Can't wait to see the completed layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great blocks and interesting quilters. Love the four leaf clover 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a crack up! I just noticed I left the " L " out of "quilting" making my label read "bless our QUITING community" ! Oh and I didn't mean to be disparaging when I called it a frankenstein, its because its made up of a bunch of leftover parts. I love the border you gave it!
    It sounds like this quilt is turning out quite perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful blocks! Can't wait to see the new layout.
    I really do love your backings, too.
    You're doing such a great job!!!
    ;-)
    ps: how's the "challenge" center coming? Mine is almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each of your potluck posts is a treat. Seeing blocks from friends and strangers is like a virtual quilt show. This quilt is going to be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awe, so special to see Susan and Jills blocks.
    I'm still not full - so keep the servings coming!
    yum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, one of Jill's blocks. A story in itself with that. I am glad you got to use that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It just keeps getting better! So wonderful.
    Looking forward to seeing it together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your smorgasbord keeps growing! Like that Frankenstein block - a lovely variety of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love seeing all these blocks Wendy! A banquet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  14. God bless Dr Ebacol for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched out some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr Ebacol, how he cured HERPES,DIABETES,HIV,and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr Ebacol truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don’t you contact him through his EMAIL:    drebacolherbalhome1@gmail.com  call or whatsApp him on +2348159042641    

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEST NATURAL TREATMENT FOR HERPES earning that you have HERPES  can be one of the most difficult experiences you go through in life. You may feel scared, sad or even angry – this is OK, and a completely natural part of coping with something that can be life changing.
    It will probably take a while for the news to sink in.

    My name is rosesharon  and i am from the United States.

    I remember spending so much money buying drugs from hospitals hoping that i will be cured from HERPES INFECTION, but all to no avail. I contacted so many  doctors and they prescribe medicine for me which they indeed tried their best but was unable to provide for me a possible cure, luckily i saw a comment about a herbal doctor, (Dr. Edidia) online.

    I then contacted him (Dr. Edidia) through his email, After much chat and enquiry with the doctor, i decide to take a leap of faith because i have nothing to loose.

    To my greatest surprise, Dr. Edidia prepare a medicine and  send me a Herbal Medicine through FEDEX courier Service, and he gave me guidelines on how am to take it. I followed all procedures as instructed, and after 2 weeks of taking it i was cure from HERPES  his medicine is legit and it is real.

    I just want to encourage all individuals out there living with HERPES ,  ITCHY SHINGLES , Genital Herpes, HSV1&2, HIV/AIDS/ HPV, COPD, CANCER, Hepatitis b, Lupus, PCOS, Kindney failure, Lung cancer and alot more. That there is still a huge chance that you can get cure only with the help of dr dr Edidia. kindly contact him via email: dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com  or whatsapp +2349074505296. you can also visit hs website https://dredidiaherbalhome.wixsite.com/dredidiaherbalhomehttps://dr-edidia-herbal-home.business.site/
    I,m rosesharon and you can get intouch with me via rosesharon915@gmail.com  also view website to know him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been using this herbal cure remedy for 21 days now. So far, it has cured my HERPES, eliminated my COLD SORE, improved energy and metabolism, in the morning I feel recharged and I no loger feel sleepy after a meal. As for the scent, it does smell like motor oil but I chase it down with 100% Cranberry Juice 1tsp. twice a day AFTER a meal. I also experienced vivid dreams for about 5 days now it's diminishing to during the first 2 or 3 hours of sleep . contact dr Okougbo: dr.okougbohaberhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2347062217261. you can get the cure from him and be free from all kinds of diseases.HIV/AIDS Diabtetes Cancer hepatitis          

    ReplyDelete

  17. My name is jeremy,I am from the USA . It's a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how I got my Genital Herpes cured a month ago. I have been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Dr. Isiramen, but I never believed them. I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try Dr.isiramen, then i contacted him through his email when i contacted him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with her to help me out. My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. He sent me his medication and asked me to go for check up after 3 weeks of taking the medication. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for check up after a month later , to my greatest surprise my result was negative after the treatment, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure I was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still negative. so i guess it's time i recommend anyone going through Herpes HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes to reach him through Drisiramenherbalcure@gmail.com or his official website on:
    https://dr-isiramen-herb-store.business.site/

    ReplyDelete