Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Yummy Treats!

Here are the latest finishes in the Community Supper quilt. The hardest part about this project is deciding which one to finish next. I have decided to just pile them up and take the next one as it comes. They are all so wonderful!

Angie Helman, New Orleans, Louisiana. Although we have not yet met in person, I think Angie must always be smiling. Her blog (Quilting on the Crescent) is chock full of color and beautiful quilts. This schoolhouse block is a perfect representation of her wonderful use of color. And don’t you just love her label? That’s the spirit! Thanks Angie! 


Dorothea (Dottie) Koene, Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. Another Sheboygan Falls block. You must grow quilters out there! This one is a wonderful folded log cabin type and I recognize some of my favorite fabrics from the 1990’s. A perfect orphan Dottie – just what I was looking for! Thanks a million! 


Janet Olmstead, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Mrs. Sew n’ Sew). Janet said, “I made this block on vacation in Mexico several years ago. I wanted to try backbasting and this was the result. I was going to make it into a potholder for my Mom who loves cherries, but somehow it never got made.” Well Janet, I am sorry for your Mom, but I also love cherries and this is a sensational addition to this quilt. Delicious! I am trying to choose backings that match with the block or the quilter. This one was easy. Janet made a reproduction of this Susan McCord quilt. It is fabulous and you can see it (here)


Claire Witherspoon, Soquel, California (Cspoonquilt). Claire came to visit me last summer with my friend Randy We had a blast! Claire says “I have literally hundreds of orphan blocks so I had a hard time choosing. I decided to use the old wedding rhyme to guide me. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

Something old – the pineapple block came from a foundation piecing class I took at a Sister’s (Oregon) class in 1998! Something new – the brown star block. Something borrowed – I got literally over a hundred thank you blocks from my fellow guild members when I was Quilt Show Chairperson in 2019. I thought this one was really cute.

Those who know me have already figure out that I would choose “something old”. And, to make it more special the fabric Claire provided to add to the border was designed by an old friend from AQSG, Pat Nichols. Don’t worry, the rest of the blocks will go into my next pot luck quilt! Thanks Claire!

Keep Calm and quilt on!

16 comments:

  1. best kind of pot luck....no calories! beautiful blocks all around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy! I hope you're enjoying this project as much as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fun with your potluck! I had to smile at the trailing vines backing :0) I have a piece of that too. Can’t wait to see the next blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping to drop my block in the mail tomorrow. Missed today's (early) pick-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some awesome quilters contributing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each day brings more lovelies! So fun to see this taking on a life of its own...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love following this project! Such special thoughts for each block. Cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"m already feeling full from all the eating I'm doing on your blog!!!
    JK...
    NICE job!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so fun to see what you receive and how you finish them up. I really enjoy your choices of backing.
    I definitely recognize at least half of the fabrics in the half log cabin block! A trip down memory lane.
    Tracking info says you should get my block on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. another batch of delicious blocks! what fun Wendy
    yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy, All the blocks look wonderful and the baks are just as interesting! Remember I still have more of that pear fabric if you need it. LOL Thanks for all the kind words too. It is fun to see what ever body has sent you!! cheers, cw

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in united state, Two years ago i married a lady called saline, we had two children together, we were very happy to be husband and wife, so when i travel on business trip to Brazil, i spent 1 years in Brazil due to my kind of business, i and my wife talked on phone all the time, we chat on the Internet, i never knew that my wife had started cheating on me by going out with her old school friend called mark, i never knew something was going wrong till i came back from my trip, then i and My wife started having problems, she goes out and come back late at night, she changed in a strange way that i could not endure, i tried to do everything to please her but it got worst, so one day she left the house and never came back, i tried reaching her but no way i could reach her, i never knew she traveled with her new lover which was mark, i wanted her so much because of the children she left for me and because i loved her so much too, because of the heart break she put me into, i went into search of a real spell caster I was scammed twice by a spell caster, but I never relented in my search because I want a happy life with my wife, so one morning i saw testimony about a spell caster Dr kuta, so i contacted him and to my greatest surprise this drkutaherbalcenter@gmail.com made life manful for me again, my wife came back to me, i took her back and I am now settled with my wife by the spell caster drkutaherbalcenter@gmail.com.or WHATSAPP his Hot line: +2347054547814

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  14. I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAVE YOU BEEN IN SEARCH FOR GENUINE HACKER'S ONLINE?. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO BINARY OPTION SCAM OR ANY ONLINE SCAM WHATSOEVER?. WELL, YOU HAVE FOUND REDEMPTION IN ASORE CORP.
    asorehackcorp@gmail.com

    Asore Corp is a group of multinational Hacker's, an affiliate of Evil Corp. We make sure by all means necessary that our clients get the best of services on a🔐PAYMENT AFTER JOB IS DONE BASIS✅. Rather than send money and trust a criminal to fulfill your deal, you can make sure the job is done before WORKMANSHIP is paid for. You'll get excellent customer service.
    That's a 100% guarantee. Our Cyber security Technicians are on standby 24/7 to receive your job requests.

    ⚠️ BEWARE OF FRAUDSTARS looking to hoax.
    if you have been a VICTIM, contact : ✉️cyberprecinct@gmail.com for directives.
    Here, it's always a win for you.

    🔸OUR SERVICES🔸
    ➡️Binary Option funds recovery
    ➡️Social media hack
    ➡️Recovery of loan scam
    ➡️Credit repair (Equifax,Experian,Transunion)
    ➡️E mail hack
    ➡️College score upgrade
    ➡️Android & iPhone Hack
    ➡️Website design
    ➡️Website hack
    And lots more.

    DISCLAIMER: Asore Cyber Corp accepts no responsibility for any information,previously given to anybody by clients on as regarding the job. Asore Cyber Corp will not distribute contact information collected on any hacking job other than in the Asore corps Hacker's listings themselves, and will not sell contact information to third parties.

    CONTACT INFO:
    📧 asorehackcorp@gmail.com
    cyberprecinct@gmail.com

    Copyright ©️
    Asore Cyber Corp 2021.
    All rights reserved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good day to you, here is a quick one, just in case you are desperately in need of a trustworthy spell caster to help revive your crumbled relationship. Here is one that is truly versatile, compassionate and reliable when it comes to spell casting.. Doctor Abolo spelling home is the right choice for you. Contact and explain to him and I can assure you that the rest would be complete magic, my love life was on the verge of collapse until I ordered for a love spell while all due procedures were properly followed, I am a living witness that Doctor Abolo spell magic does work that is why i'm using all medium to let the world know of this great witch doctor who brought back peace and unity to my home, Talk to him today and have your emotional setbacks wiped out totally.
    You reach him at these contacts! Abolospell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete