Friday, February 5, 2021

Border, border, who's got the border?

 

Auditioning border fabrics is one of my favorite parts of the quiltmaking process. Let’s face it, any time you can just play with fabrics is fun. It’s funny how I almost always chose the first fabric that I throw into the mix. The yellow was in my mind right from the start (no surprise) but I just had to give other fabrics a chance. 

Next, I had to decide whether to leave it plain or add some applique. There were several sketches of swirly vines and flowers, but in the end, this simple curve just seemed to fit. 


Of course there will likely be some colorful bobbles appliqued here and there. Don't want to overdo it! 

As for the name, I’m going to stick with my original thought, “Full Circle”. I truly believe that we will all come full circle in 2021 and work together to build trust and hope and health back in our nation and our world. 

Visit Cecile and Corinne’s FB page (here) to get the latest updates.

19 comments:

  1. Lovely. How about a skinny yellow and then a wider gray? Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I should have tried that before I appliqued all the black vines. Great suggestion though! Maybe I'll have to make a second one!

      Delete
  2. Yes! That yellow really brings the entire quilt to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This yellow is just per-fect !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be the perfect finishing touch to your Full Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the simple curvy vine. It adds so much and yet doesn't demand all the attention. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow symbolizes optimism, energy, joy, happiness and friendship. Perfect choice for your Full Circle quilt. It will send good vibes out to everyone who sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yellow, love the vine, and can't wait to see what "bobbles" you end up adding!!! Isn't it fun to play like this?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any of those border options would have worked, the the yellow one certainly upped the happy factor of the quilt, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo your Full Circle will look great with the yellow border and whatever you end up doing with it. "Bobble" is a new word for me;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Full Circle looks very confident with that lovely yellow border.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your circles look amazing! They remind me that my 365 circles are still not finished. I really like the yellow border to go with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yellow is the perfect touch of sparkle in all the rich color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you have a good thing going with your border ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The yellow really brings it all together! I can't wait to see the bobbles--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yellow is perfect! anxious to see more of that swirly too....very nice wendy...no surprise there

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pop of yellow really sings! Full Circle is a great name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great and I love your border choice and what you wrote in hopes for 2021! Fingers and toes crossed!! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love that Chrome! It is awsome as a border.
    Love your border idea!!

    ReplyDelete