Sunday, January 31, 2021

Update - January mini

 “Bright Hopes”, my first mini of the year, says it all. 


I used my favorite bright reproductions to create the “Broken Dishes” pattern surrounding my message. I backed it with a print that Barbara Brackman created on Spoonflower. You can order it on Barbara’s Etsy shop (here)

 2021 Is going to have its own challenges, but I do believe we are heading in the right direction. We will need to work together to get Covid under control and to move forward in a bipartisan effort to heal our nation.

 Small is beautiful and this one is more of a micro (7 ½” square) than mini! I hope this will inspire more of you to join in whenever possible. It is very satisfying to have a stack of little quilts to be able to pull from when the need arises.

 I've linked up our usual suspects below. As this post has an automated "post time", a few may not have a mini this month, but if you scroll through you will find some wonderful inspiration indeed! I'm thrilled that my friend Gladi has joined in the merriment this month. And, I am super excited that my friend Cyndi (Busy Thimble) has joined in the fun too. 

Remember that there is never any pressure on my blog! Jump in if you like and be sure to let me know so I can link it into our mini post at the end of each month.

 

Quilting Babcia (Amity Quilter)

Randy (Barrister’s Block)

Cathy (Big Lake Quilter)

Cyndi (Busy Thimble)

Barb (Fun with Barb)

Gladi (Gladi’s Quilts)

Shasta (High Road Quilter)

Julie (Julie K Quilts)

Kathy (Kathy’s Quilts)

Katy (Katy Quilts)

Karen (Moose Bay Musings)

Sandy (My Material Creations)

Angie (Quilting on the Crescent)

Barbara (Quilts, Gravestones and Elusive Ancestors)

Janet (Rogue Quilts)

Kyle (Timeless Reflections)

Cynthia (Wabi-Sabi Quilts)

17 comments:

  1. I am hoping to join in next month! Just getting a great start for 2021 in January - hope to finish more in February - working on UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing this again this year Wendy! I'm going to check back here after you've posted a photo of your "micro" mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why the photos didn't show up but it is fixed now. I linked your fabulous mini in and it seems to be working ok. Gearing up for a big snow tonight. Oh boy!

      Delete
    2. Love your little hopeful mini and the backing is fabulous!

      Delete
  3. I made my mini, and it will be part of a larger quilt. Love this, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I linked you in. Hope it works! My photos didn't post yesterday for some reason. Probably because of the big snow we are getting tonight - wink!

      Delete
  4. Weeee love your micro mini. Those yellow bits do say hope! you have the best scraps and you always put them together so well.
    LOVE the backing. I couldn't find that fabric in barbara's etsy. I'll do some more digging soon.
    good luck with the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect January mini! It says so much and I love the backing fabric--great choice! We're gearing up for the snow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love little minis and the message of yours is just what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini is perfect for the start of a New Year--and the backing is pretty cool too! Thanks for linking me to the mini list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright Hopes to me symbolizes the warmth of bright spring sunshine on flowering daffodils, tulips and bluebells! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is perfect, Wendy. Love the bright repros you find, and the word hope is an excellent choice for the year. Perfect backing fabric, too. I saw when she shared that. I wonder if it has all been snatched up. Like Barb, I didn't see it on her page now.
    Fun to see the list of mini makers growing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great “micro mini”!! I love those bright repros. It’s amazing how our minds went in the same general direction this month. Thanks for inspiring me to get involved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great message - and all those bright repros are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to start off the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great quilt for the start of the year- I like your pretty fabrics and your message.

    ReplyDelete